Awake

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
I had to search for this thread!!i've not been on it for ages. Lucky me. Tonight I haven't slept a wink and neither has Bill so far. Hey ho! Hope you're all asleep!!

Oh Izzy that was like us last night, luckily tonight the day centre must have tired Allen out, he has woken every couple of hours but luckily has gone back to sleep straight away,
I hope you manage to get some sleep,

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Thanks everyone. Sorry so many people were awake. I must have nodded off about 3.30 then woke at 5.30. Bill went to sleep mire or less after my last post. I just took him to the loo again but I think he'll go back to sleep. It might be the infection but he also had two bowel movements when I took him through the night. I think he might have been unconfortabls.

He has the day centre today and the carer comes at 8. Happy days!

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
So much for Zopiclone...been wide awake for over two hours, the first hour reassuring and switching off lights and persuading back to bed...now being kept awake by snoring........So I might as well have a grumble.
I've developed a rash on my arms and legs which won't go away...surely because with so much interrupted sleep my immune system can't cope. First a ten day wait for an appointment with my GP, then some steroidal cream, as soon as that was finished back came the rash, and when I rang for another GP appointment yesterday it was a thirteen day wait to see the same GP. That's thirteen days trying not to scratch! And I bet when I do see the GP it will be another wait for an appointment with a dermatologist.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
What a time you're having. What a ridiculous time to have to wait for an appointment with your GP. Now wonder you need a grumble! I wonder if the rash could be caused by stress.

Isn't it typical that OH is now snoring while you are wide awake?:rolleyes:

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
..and do you ever sleep, Izzy? I hope my post didn't wake you!

I often wonder how many of our symptoms are due to the stress of being a day to day Carer.

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
So much for Zopiclone...been wide awake for over two hours, the first hour reassuring and switching off lights and persuading back to bed...now being kept awake by snoring........So I might as well have a grumble.
I've developed a rash on my arms and legs which won't go away...surely because with so much interrupted sleep my immune system can't cope. First a ten day wait for an appointment with my GP, then some steroidal cream, as soon as that was finished back came the rash, and when I rang for another GP appointment yesterday it was a thirteen day wait to see the same GP. That's thirteen days trying not to scratch! And I bet when I do see the GP it will be another wait for an appointment with a dermatologist.

Hi my experience with Zopliclone is it works for a while then has little effect. Our G P will only prescribe it for a week or so as he says it is addictive. I found a particular C D more helpful. Don't think I can mention it on here as I may breach guidelines. Have sent my copy to another T P friend. Will give detail by P M if that helps. I decided to get up early this morning could have slept for longer but wanted to sort many things out.

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
That info would be very welcome, GL . Thankyou. Our GP said the same thing but I imagined it would be effective for more than the two seperate weeks we've tried it.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
..and do you ever sleep, Izzy? I hope my post didn't wake you!

I often wonder how many of our symptoms are due to the stress of being a day to day Carer.

I do now as Bill is at last less restless overnight. We had a bad night on Wednesday night but last night is better. Zoplicone never worked for him. I think my body has just got used to less sleep. It's been going on since my mum lived with us (vascular dementia). She died coming up for 4 years ago then Bill's dementia decided to up its game!!

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
I do now as Bill is at last less restless overnight. We had a bad night on Wednesday night but last night is better. Zoplicone never worked for him. I think my body has just got used to less sleep. It's been going on since my mum lived with us (vascular dementia). She died coming up for 4 years ago then Bill's dementia decided to up its game!!

Hi Izzy as I said yesterday I think it is something in the water or what you take with it that keeps you going. Your energy level and how well you both look continues to amaze me: the camera never lies.:D:D

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
You're too kind GL.

I'm lucky to have the level of care we have here. It makes respite so much easier for me. I have my Monday to Friday times to myself - some time every day - and it's easy for me to arrange respite at home for Bill. I'm having two nights away next week and I know that Bill will be safe, happy and well cared for. That makes a big difference to me. That and our lovely water of course (not to mention the whisky!).

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello Ragetty anne you can get a steriod cream from the chemist Eumovate, it is about £7, l have red itchy rash it works well stops the itching.