'Fraid I lost it today!

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Hey Everyone!

Bit of a while since I said anything here, 'cept for jumping on Chick's Positives thread, which I love visiting, now.

Ya might remember the hoo-hah I was having with the cat being filthy just about everywhere. A few of you know he recently died, (the cat, that is). So I'm busy putting our living room back together.

A pair of faithful friends visited yesterday for about an hour, with which I was helped to drag out the unusable sofa. That was amazing as it would have cost a fortune to ask someone, perhaps a Handyman, to come and help me rid the room of the thing. Still have to get it shifted from the garden, but hey, that's another story. Meanwhile, tried to fill yet another bean bag to take the place of the sofa. We all know what happened there. Yup, a room full of beads.

Naturally, his nibs has to come through while I was in a lather and add his tu'penny worth!

'Fraid I answered with a coupla bleep words! There ain't no mercy with this dreadful disease.

Now me back's broke, and I've still loads more to do! Hope you're all doing better'n me, haha! :D:D:D

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Glad you're able to start getting the room back together Chuggalug :)

I wouldn't worry too much about a few bleep words, I hope they helped you offload a bit :)o) and that you can get things sorted bit by bit

Time for a break? :D

Take care

Lindy xx

Trisha4

Jan 16, 2014
Yorkshire
Sorry Chuggalug. It happens. We're human. I find the hardest times to remember how I should behave are when I have things that need to be done. I'm sure we all flip at times. Hugs, understanding and care winging their way from me. My husband is just getting up so our day hasn't started yet.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Good to know that there are others like me who lose it sometimes. Realised this morning that I have to be careful with anything I say as Maureen might take it the wrong way. Can't even joke about things as they may be replayed later and taken seriously. This is a hard job we have here Chuggs and I am sure we are tempted to reflect on when we get it wrong rather than the good work we are doing 24/7 day after day. Take it easy on youself.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
You two are much too kind! Thank you. At least it's a bit warmer today. The new bean bag is rated as six feet in length. I lay on it and me feet don't hang over the edge.

Result!

So I'll swap the two bags over. The one I'm sleeping on is very wide. Lovely and comfy, but wide. So that can go in the living room, and the thinner six footer can be my bed. Honestly, since deciding to out the camp bed and sleep on a bean bag, I will not, now, sleep on anything else. If I swap 'em over, I'll have much more room for me wheelchair :)

They are sooooooooo comfy :D But I just WISH there was an easier way of filling 'em, hahaha ;)

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Good to know that there are others like me who lose it sometimes. Realised this morning that I have to be careful with anything I say as Maureen might take it the wrong way. Can't even joke about things as they may be replayed later and taken seriously. This is a hard job we have here Chuggs and I am sure we are tempted to reflect on when we get it wrong rather than the good work we are doing 24/7 day after day. Take it easy on youself.

Oh, you know what? The same backatcha, Grey Lad.

Yeah, we do tend to forget that, don't we. But I kind of rubbed it in today :(

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Chuggalug, until dementia I could have counted on one hand the number of times I swore in anger or frustration. In the last year I have ranted and raved and occasionally sounded like a madwoman. I am always consumed with guilt afterwards but come another load of rubbish repeated twenty times or another pile of clothes emptied in the bedroom as husband "packs to go home" my patience goes out the window.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm another member of the 'lost it' club. I lost it big time on Saturday when Bill refused to get out of the car. Needless to say I felt awful afterwards. I'm sure it must happen to us all Chugg.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Oh, what a horror story for us all.

Can't imagine that of you, Izzy. You always arrive here so well put together! What are we all like, Gal, heh heh :)

Love and peace, everyone, xxx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Chuggalug, until dementia I could have counted on one hand the number of times I swore in anger or frustration. In the last year I have ranted and raved and occasionally sounded like a madwoman. I am always consumed with guilt afterwards but come another load of rubbish repeated twenty times or another pile of clothes emptied in the bedroom as husband "packs to go home" my patience goes out the window.

Oh Marionq. What have I started? Better watch out. Chick and company might come 'ere next and find me out. Be sure your sins will fid you out is the old proverb, ain't it!

Now I dunno which :D to use, hahahahahahahahhahaha ;)

Oh, the shame :eek:

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Oh Marionq. What have I started? Better watch out. Chick and company might come 'ere next and find me out. Be sure your sins will fid you out is the old proverb, ain't it!

Now I dunno which :D to use, hahahahahahahahhahaha ;)

Oh, the shame :eek:

You make me smile youuuuuu! Nothing to find out as I loose it with John too ;) Saint I ain't !!! Xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
Hi Chuggalug, your bean bag story gave me such a big smile:) thank you, reminded me of my maverick days of sitting on one of those solving the worlds problems..although did not know in those days (ageing hippy from the 70's) that I would thrown into the world of dementia...good job my mums bathroom does not have a recording device in it..as i escape there and swear through gritted teeth when mum is being critical..on some days she thinks I have a weak bladder:rolleyes:i then emerge with a smile ha ha
Take care
Chris x

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Hi Chuggalug, your bean bag story gave me such a big smile:) thank you, reminded me of my maverick days of sitting on one of those solving the worlds problems..although did not know in those days (ageing hippy from the 70's) that I would thrown into the world of dementia...good job my mums bathroom does not have a recording device in it..as i escape there and swear through gritted teeth when mum is being critical..on some days she thinks I have a weak bladder:rolleyes:i then emerge with a smile ha ha
Take care
Chris x

Smile? Smile, you say! I'm gonna turn that into a giggle :)

Recording device. Yeah, 'tis a good thing none of us have them. Well, switched on, I mean. Those recordings would not make good listening here!

Gotcha Heike! Know da feelin'. Oh well, at least the work's done, now. Be glad when they can pick up the old sofa so that isn't an issue any more. He keeps asking why it's out thar :(

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
I sometimes get in the car after a tough session with Dad & swear all the way home.
I've got stress Tourette's :D & I never used to swear.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
I sometimes get in the car after a tough session with Dad & swear all the way home.
I've got stress Tourette's :D & I never used to swear.

Oh Cat, nooooooooooooooooo!

Actually, I very, very feel sorry for the lot of us. I'm supposed to be a Christian. Seems like it's an impossible task when living alone wiv this.

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
Oh Cat, nooooooooooooooooo!

Actually, I very, very feel sorry for the lot of us. I'm supposed to be a Christian. Seems like it's an impossible task when living alone wiv this.

We all need a release valve.
We all do the best we can & actually our loved ones are very lucky that they have us.

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Gotta be as kind to yourself as you are to others on here Chuggs. Hope your back is feeling a bit better now. Lots of love to you. Es
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Hi chuggs. Hope you are feeling a bit better now. I am also guilty of praying for patience and compassion in Church at the worst times and then losing it soon after I walked through the front door. At least I don't have that guilt now. Take care of yourself. Verityxx

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Be kinder to yourself Chuggalug - I found I knew swearwords on occasions that would have made my Father blush and he was in the Navy! I view losing it as being like the valve on a pressure cooker - if it didn't blow off steam every so often it would explode. I "lose it" regularly these days even though I am on my own - the smallest thing can make me let rip with a tirade of verbal abuse - fortunately my next door neighbours are both deaf! Hope today goes better for you.