Billy boy

Billy boy

Mar 26, 2015
How do I know what stage my dad is at? He is 89.5 constantly repetitive,mostly incontinent and dosent /can't cook ...he dosent dress properly but sometimes manages to shave ! He can't remember yesterday and says his brain is muddled(on a good day) he won't have carers and got annoyed when I got the doctor out although he swears the doctor has never been out.He lives at home with his wife of 86 who has AML!!! I care for them both but don't know what stage he is classed as being at ...can anyone suggest??? Thank you

Anniebell

Jan 31, 2015
How do I know what stage my dad is at? He is 89.5 constantly repetitive,mostly incontinent and dosent /can't cook ...he dosent dress properly but sometimes manages to shave ! He can't remember yesterday and says his brain is muddled(on a good day) he won't have carers and got annoyed when I got the doctor out although he swears the doctor has never been out.He lives at home with his wife of 86 who has AML!!! I care for them both but don't know what stage he is classed as being at ...can anyone suggest??? Thank you

Hi Billy boy my mum was diagnosed in dec 2014 when I asked the physchiartrist what stage he thought my mum was at he told me they don't stage anymore because everyone is different. I looked up stages and roughly put my mum as stage 4/5 if you look at the seven stages of Alzheimer's it might give you an idea where you are with your dad sorry I can't be more help take care Annie x