Happy Birthday, Talking Point!

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
Many happy returns to Talking Point, which is 12 years old on 31 March!

Birthday party confetti balloons background.jpg
(image designed by Freepik.com)

We've supported over 40,000 members over the years.

How has TP helped you?

To help mark the day, we'd love to hear from you. If you'd like to say thank you, share your experience of how Talking Point has helped you or just say Happy Birthday, please add a reply below. :)

Finally, I'd like to say a massive thank you to our volunteers who help to support you all and to everyone who has clicked 'reply' and offered support to others.

Thanks,

Serena, Harriet and the Talking Point Team :)

Last edited:

JenniferW

Jul 17, 2011
Shropshire
Being there

I've valued both the Alzheimer's Society website and Talking Point just for being there. I've not been a big user of Talking Point, maybe because the local branch of the Alzheimer's Society is on the doorstep, and the staff there, plus monthly carers' coffee mornings went a long way to help us with general support and over all sorts of specific things. But Talking Point has been the one place which taps into such a large community, with such a vast range of experience. There's always people here who have similar experiences and their answers are always helpful.

Acco

Oct 3, 2011
Thank you for being there whenever we need information, support, or just to let off steam. Happy Birthday and long may you reign.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I honestly don't think I would have coped without TP over the past few years.
Members have been my companions, advisors, my counsellors and most importantly, my friends.
Many still are and I hope they will remain so.
A very big THANK YOU to TP for just being there for me.
I know my husband would have joined me in thanking you if he could have done too. :)

disi

Aug 4, 2014
Ex pat living in Sweden
A Very happy birthday. Thank you for being there, although I am not a great user I certainly come on when I get the chance. Everyone is always so helpful and its just lovely to talk to others who are in the same situation. We all know the highs and lows of this terrible illness.

Lots of hugs disi xx

Sammyjo1

Jul 8, 2014
I've not been a member for very long but I find TP a wonderful place to come and visit. It is the most supportive, non-judgemental forum I have ever come across and thanks to the Alzheimers Society for setting it up, to the moderators for keeping it going and to the contributors for making it such a valuable resource

Here's to the next 12 years

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Wow 12 years, just a baby then!!! For me my thanks have to go to your volunteers/moderators, great knowledge and always got their eyes on the ball, allowing certain threads to grow and then acting properly when something looks like its going wrong, abusive or irrelevant. So well done and thank you.

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Gosh, I don't know where to begin in describing just how much Talking Point means to me :)

So I'll just say a huge thank you to all members, some of whom have become good friends, and to everyone who helps to run the forum, because without you I would have crumbled.

Oh, and

Happy Birthday !!!

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Wow 12 years, just a baby then!!! For me my thanks have to go to your volunteers/moderators, great knowledge and always got their eyes on the ball, allowing certain threads to grow and then acting properly when something looks like its going wrong, abusive or irrelevant. So well done and thank you.

I agree Tin :)

Happy birthday TP, an always reliable source of support and information, and available 24/7 too. Fantastic forum :cool: xx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Happy Birthday TP! :D

I would not have survived without this site. Six years is a long time to live without any other support.

Thanks to you all, just for 'being there'. Long may TP reign :) xxxx

father ted

Aug 16, 2010
London
Thanks for being a completely anonymous ear when I need to share my innermost worries, fears and frustrations and also being many wise heads on many broad shoulders when I need the wisdom of people who are walking the same path as my family.

tr211

May 9, 2014
cheers and happy birthday!

So far my wife and I have been dealing positively with her PCA. Lots of exercise, long walks, social interaction and the like. She still reads with the help of her Kindle and tries to do some daily writing exercises...even if it's just a few words. I know that if I need help and support you are just a "mouse click" away and that is a tremendous relief. My very best wishes on your remarkable 12 years. Thank you.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Happy Birthday, TP. Unfortunately crises do not happen close to the various Carers meetings I go to, but TP is there 24/7, there's always a reply pretty quickly and it's such a comfort!

2197alexandra

Oct 28, 2013
Sileby
Happy birthday TP without you I don't think I could of looked after my dad. Thank you for always being there no matter what time no matter what problem. Dad's gone now but I'll always have TP right at my fingertips whenever I need you. My love to all that help and share on TP your like my big adopted family. X

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Happy birthday TP since I found you nearly a year ago I have been much better in dealing with dementia. Also made some lovely friends on here and the support we all get is just fantastic :) long may you continue

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
I just found you and am still not sure of the forum, but glad it's there just for information and reassurance we are not (OH and I) alone in struggling with dementia. Here's to another 12 years.