Forgotton how to go to sleep

Catherine.

Mar 26, 2015
This is something my dad sayes a lot when he can't sleep...he has forgotton how to go to sleep. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Catherine I can understand what your Father is saying and I do not have dementia.

I cared for my husband at home for 7 years and for nearly three years he slept very little. His behaviour was very disturbing and I could not leave him to his own devices so I slept very little.

Two and a half years ago he went into nursing care and for over twelve months I could not sleep. To start with I thought it was because of all that had happened prior to him going into the nursing home. I was extremely tired when I went to bed but could not sleep, our GP told me I had forgotten how to relax and let sleep take over so it is possible to forget.

Your Father could be feeling anxious. . It is said that though something that has troubled someone with dementia is forgotten the emotions are still there so your Father could be feeling anxious but does not know why. Dementia is a very complex disease causing so many problems.

Catherine.

Mar 26, 2015
Catherine I can understand what your Father is saying and I do not have dementia.

I cared for my husband at home for 7 years and for nearly three years he slept very little. His behaviour was very disturbing and I could not leave him to his own devices so I slept very little.

Two and a half years ago he went into nursing care and for over twelve months I could not sleep. To start with I thought it was because of all that had happened prior to him going into the nursing home. I was extremely tired when I went to bed but could not sleep, our GP told me I had forgotten how to relax and let sleep take over so it is possible to forget.

Your Father could be feeling anxious. . It is said that though something that has troubled someone with dementia is forgotten the emotions are still there so your Father could be feeling anxious but does not know why. Dementia is a very complex disease causing so many problems.

Thanks for your reply.
Memory team are prescribing an anti anxiety tablet so hopefully that will help. I hope you are now sleeping ok

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abba