A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
I hope you both have a safe journey home and enjoy the rest of your time in India,

It has been wonderful following your adventures, I have not always responded but I have read everything in this thread with enjoyment, admiration and respect,

Last edited:

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Yes it has been wonderful sharing your amazing time away in India.

Such a positive time for you both. I'm sure that it will continue once you are back home as it seems to me that you both have absorbed India so deeply that there is no way it's going to let you go :)

xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I've been so impressed with the effects of your ayurvedic massage that I've just googled local practitioners.
I can find two, both with very English names which don't quite have the right ring about them somehow!
Their treatment seems to differ too.
One says this massage doesn't include massaging tense muscles but the other says it does!
Think I might have to go to India!

Safe journey to Delhi and beyond. xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Saffie, I'd make enquiries. Ask what massages are on offer and give it a try. I doubt you have anything to lose.

The masseuse who treated me each time was a very slight young man who looked as if he might be quite inexperienced until he told me he'd been practicing for three years. Helen had three different people, two women and the same young man. All her experiences were different but she felt equally wonderful each time.

I'm certainly going to try to find someone when I go home.

geum123

May 20, 2009
Thank you so much for sharing such wonderful experiences Helen and Sylvia. The descriptions of your days have been so vivid, and the videos really took me suprise because I wasn't expecting them. How wonderful to actually hear the sounds of the streets and see where Dhiren ashes went on their journey.
It was incredibly moving Sylvia.
I imagine that such a journey will be a life changing experience, and I will look forward to reading your reflections once you are back home again. Safe journey to you both and thank you again.:):) xxxxxx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
It has been lovely to read all your thoughts and experiences and as said before it will be great to hear more when you return.

I hope the journey to Delhi is ok and your enjoy the luxury of your flight home.
x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
IThank you Geum and Jan.

I'm ready for Delhi now, my case is packed and I have a couple of extra bags for the surplus but still not packed the toiletries. :eek:

We had a pleasant last meal here and the hotel and cafe staff have all commented on our final day.

Most people who come here are back packers who stay just a few nights. There has been an amazing turnover of people from all over the world as well as Indians. I think we have been the oldest although there have been a couple of other 'seniors' .

Staying so long in one place may be unusual but India is too big for day trips and although we had considered travelling and staying overnight, we both decided we didn't want to carry luggage around with us even for an overnight stay.

There has been so much to see and do here and the hotel is in such a lovely place we doubt we could have done better.

So tomorrow its ' Farewell Rishikesh ' and ' Hello Delhi'

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
We'll talk about it's not over until the fat lady sings. I asked my daughter in the first week whether she would like some yoga mat carriers and/or other things. She will be running a retreat in May and I thought they would sell well. I finally got a message early afternoon today that her friend would like 6 yoga mat marrieds and 20 Mala beads with 108 beads each!!!! Talk about leaving it until the last minute. So off i set to try to find them. I knew roughly where to start. I found the yoga mat carriers in the first shop I visited. I got all 6 for a total of £10.

The Mala beads proved a little more difficult. I knew where some were sold but it was a very long walk away and it was far too hot to go far. I went into every shop selling beads but they didn't have the right ones. Then right near the bottom of some steep steps I went in the last shop. She had one which was perfect. It took a while to explain to her that I needed 20, each consisting of 108 beads with spacer beads after each 11. The lady called her husband through. When I told him I needed 20 he said he would make them for me. I told him I needed them today he said it was no problem and he would bring them to my hotel. I got them for £1 each:)

Most things are now packed. I am now tired after another really good day. I, too, am going to source Ayurvedic massages when I get home. He worked on my legs a lot. I have nephrotic syndrome which can cause the legs to swell. It has been under control now for quite a long time. The last two mornings I could actually see that I have ankle bones:). We have both lost quite a few inches from our waists.

Love

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Sounds like the intrepid duo are nearly fully prepared for the return leg of their travels.

Hope you manage some good rest before you need to set off. Wishing you both a safe ,and as comfortable as possible, journey home:)xx

Have loved every bit I've read, I enjoyed my holiday in India with you.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
I have been impatient to come here today knowing it is your last day in Rishikesh, but ‘life’ has intervened!

Now I am here and it has been a sheer joy to read your latest posts; your thoughts, feelings, everything. I can’t find words…. and feel emotional.

I echo everything others have said about their delight not only reading of your adventures but also what the experiences have meant to you and the benefits you feel. A life changing experience…?

As you can read from others, you have benefitted all of us very much, and again I cannot find words…. Pony-mad has written what I and I am sure many others have experienced:

Dear Helen and Sylvia, feeling a little bit sad that my daily fix of spirituality, tuk tuks, monkeys and massages will be coming to an end. You have lifted my spirits, widened my horizons and filled my grey days with colour, sights, sounds and a deep sense of peace. Thank you.
Have a safe trip home.
Love G x
Thank you both for your generosity sharing with us. It has been wonderful. Especially knowing it has been for each of you.

Sylvia it sounds so so hot, and sorry you had a wakeful night, hopefully better tonight or/and in Delhi overnight.

Your massages sound wonderful. It will be interesting to hear if you find suitable Ayurvedic massages at home.

Sylvia wrote:

Dhiren has felt very close to me here. All the stories he used to tell me have come to life , even more on this holiday than on my previous ones with him

This time , with Helen , it has been as relaxed as could be . We have considered each other , but on equal terms, and the fact Helen knew Dhiren has enabled her to share my emotion.
Lovely to read your words, Sylvia, a deeply personal and meaningful time in India for you. I do feel that Dhiren has been with you in spirit and delighted for you.

" It's till not over yet,I'm going to squeeze the last ounce of experience out of this trip".

I am sure you both will. Continuing to think about you as your wonderful time in India draws to a close.

Thank you again lovely ladies for the privilege of being with you in spirit, and lifting spirits here.

With love
Loo xxx

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
I have really enjoyed logging in each day to read of your adventure. Seeing ankles in that heat is impressive, Helen!

Sylvia, it sounds like a wonderful experience. I understand why you would feel close to Dhiren throughout,

Safe travels home....it is fun sharing isn't it?

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Oh dear! That was a tall last minute order from your daughter, Helen! But worth the trek I hope to fulfil your daughter’s wishes, and eventually find the Mala beads in the last shop. A job well done!

I have not seen my knee for some years due to lymphoedema swelling and can appreciate your delight at seeing your ankle bones! :D

Hope you have had a relaxing evening and meal, and wish you both sleep tonight in preparation for your long journey to Delhi tomorrow.

Love
Loo xxx

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
Just wishing you a pleasant journey to dehli and back home again. As I have said before, you are both an inspiration and it has been truly wonderful to experience the trip with you. Thank you.

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Dear Helen and Sylvia

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience with us. It's been by turns inspiring, amusing, moving and just plain riveting! I hope you have a good journey home and I'll be thinking of you as you leave this very special place :)

Lindy xx

Status
Not open for further replies.