Security cameras

Kazza72

Feb 10, 2015
West London
Has anyone used hidden cameras to ensure safety of loved one? I want to get one that I can view from my smartphone. It's just to set my mind at ease as mums memory is now gone, she doesn't even have a vague recollection of what has happened in a particular day

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Hello. I believe a few people on here have and have found it useful
At least one person used a hidden camera because they believed their parent was being abused in a care home which sadly proved to be true.

I believe the CQC has now issued guidance for the use of such cameras in residential homes sorry I'm not sure if your LO is in residential care or still at home but thought I would put it in just in case.

I will see if I can find a link, in the meantime I would be grateful if someone could put a link here.

Last edited:

kimicat

Feb 8, 2013
Surrey
Has anyone used hidden cameras to ensure safety of loved one? I want to get one that I can view from my smartphone. It's just to set my mind at ease as mums memory is now gone, she doesn't even have a vague recollection of what has happened in a particular day

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Hi I have seriously been thinking about doing exactly that. Is it legal? Is it expensive? How do you go about doing it?

Pete R

Jul 26, 2014
Staffs
This is the page on the CQC website and the guidance is on the right of the page.

http://www.cqc.org.uk/content/using-hidden-cameras-monitor-care

If you want live monitoring on your smartphone you are going to need an internet connection at both ends and access to the router at the camera end. If your LO is at home that should not be a problem but in a Care Home I doubt you will be able to without asking first.

If you have no specific concerns then I do not see the point and would suggest a voice only recorder which may be enough to set your mind at ease. They are fairly cheap, most phones already have one and they are easier to hide than a camera.

Bear in mind that watching or even listening to your loved ones in their most intimate of times is not for everyone.

Recent Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan