help

sadie1958

Mar 21, 2015
i am waiting for my father to be diagnosed, he was seen for assessment before christmas. the hospital won't talk to me because of patient confidentiality.
on sunday my father had a fall, just one of many. he hit his head and bruised his chest. he visited the Dr on thursday and on friday, today he cannot remember what day he had a fall or what days he went to the dr.
the dr thought he had concussion because of his confusion and treated him for concussion but that is his normal state, i feel my father needs help before he seriously hurts himself.
Sadie

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
Hi Sadie welcome to TP.

Do you have power of attorney?

I would contact the GP to voice your concerns.
Also contact social services & ask for him to be assessed.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Also see if he will sign a statement authorising the hospital and his GP to talk to you about his medical conditions.

sadie1958

Mar 21, 2015
Hi Sadie welcome to TP.

Do you have power of attorney?

I would contact the GP to voice your concerns.
Also contact social services & ask for him to be assessed.

My father won't give anyone power of attorney, he has been assessed but any care he will have to pay for as he has savings and he won't pay. The dr won't talk to me as again it is to do with patient confidentiality, i feel as though i am up against a brick wall and i am just waiting for him to have a serious accident or for some confidence trickster to relieve him of all his savings.

sadie1958

Mar 21, 2015
Also see if he will sign a statement authorising the hospital and his GP to talk to you about his medical conditions.

That sounds a bit hopeful, i can ask the hospital and the GP first to see if they would agree with that, after the conversation i had with him this morning ireally felt on the edge of not being able to cope anymore.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamieF7