Middle stage

Trisha4

Jan 16, 2014
Yorkshire
We visited the consultant yesterday and she hadn't seen us for a year. I asked her some questions outright when Mick went to do his tests. One question was what stage she thought Mick was in now and she said she thought he'd moved into middle stage. I guess I knew that but somehow it makes it all so real. I know I'm lucky in many ways. I know others are dealing with so much more. But I'm hurting. I know it will progress, it's Alzheimer's. But I hate it. I don't want to lose any more of him. I don't want to face what will happen. I love him and I want to keep him in my life. Self indulgent rant over!

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

malc

Aug 15, 2012
north east lincolnshire
we are all coping with our own individual fights with a disease that will always win the game,i'm pretty sure your problems are as equally important as everybody else's problems are to them,i'm also sure it's not a competition to see who's in a more dire situation.

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
We visited the consultant yesterday and she hadn't seen us for a year. I asked her some questions outright when Mick went to do his tests. One question was what stage she thought Mick was in now and she said she thought he'd moved into middle stage. I guess I knew that but somehow it makes it all so real. I know I'm lucky in many ways. I know others are dealing with so much more. But I'm hurting. I know it will progress, it's Alzheimer's. But I hate it. I don't want to lose any more of him. I don't want to face what will happen. I love him and I want to keep him in my life. Self indulgent rant over!

You're not being self indulgent at all Trisha. We struggle so hard to stay positive, live in the moment and count our blessings but the times when we're faced with the bleakness of this disease are just horrible. I know you know you will pick yourself up and carry on in a bit, but at the moment you're overwhelmed by grief, fear and sadness. Sending you a big hug, lots of loveand hopes that there will still be good times for you and Mick.
Es
xxx

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Wise words from Es, Trish. Take care of yourself and try to enjoy the time you have without looking too far into the future. Easier said than done, I know, especially during wakeful nights but I think it's the only way we can cope. Best wishes. Verity

Sent from my GT-N5110

Trisha4

Jan 16, 2014
Yorkshire
Thank you Es and Verity. I know you're right and I know I'll pick myself up and dust myself down as we all do. It's good to have somewhere to have these moments with people who understand. Thank you for being there.

ladyelizabeth

Mar 11, 2015
essex
Thank you Es and Verity. I know you're right and I know I'll pick myself up and dust myself down as we all do. It's good to have somewhere to have these moments with people who understand. Thank you for being there.

Hello. I am new to all this. My husband was diagnosed this week with 'moderate' dementia to add to his myriad of other health problems. He is 76. I am 71. I am also a carer for my 85 yer old aunt who lives with us. I am a retired social worker and I am only too aware what the future holds. My husband's Mother also had dementia and died from pneumonia in the end. Our 37 year old daughter passed away suddenly and unexpectedly 3 years ago leaving two small children. I feel I am still grieving for her. I have my 'dark' days but try to stay positive and focus on what good things are in my life and there are many, instead of focusing on all the negative stuff. I know how hard it can be some days. He has started on the drug MARKETED AS EBIXA just today. I have a supportive family, a son, two other daughters and in total 7 grandchildren. Much to live for and enjoy. And today my heart sang when I discovered a pair of robins nesting close to my kitchen window.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hello. I am new to all this. My husband was diagnosed this week with 'moderate' dementia to add to his myriad of other health problems. He is 76. I am 71. I am also a carer for my 85 yer old aunt who lives with us. I am a retired social worker and I am only too aware what the future holds. My husband's Mother also had dementia and died from pneumonia in the end. Our 37 year old daughter passed away suddenly and unexpectedly 3 years ago leaving two small children. I feel I am still grieving for her. I have my 'dark' days but try to stay positive and focus on what good things are in my life and there are many, instead of focusing on all the negative stuff. I know how hard it can be some days. He has started on the drug MARKETED AS EBIXA just today. I have a supportive family, a son, two other daughters and in total 7 grandchildren. Much to live for and enjoy. And today my heart sang when I discovered a pair of robins nesting close to my kitchen window.

Hello and welcome :) a like minded person! I , myself always look for the positives just like you . It's the small things that make my days, husband smiling at me, woodpecker on my feeders, sun shining , grandchildren and many more :) hubs has AD and Vascular dementia, 4 years in , as well as aray of other illnesses.. There are things he can't do anymore but most important thers lots of things he Can do:) perhaps you like to visit my thread on here called positives ? We have banter, chats and support one another when a down day arises . X

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Welcome from me, too LadyE. Hope you don't mind the abbreviation as you join LadyA in our aristocracy. Seriously though, you sound as though you have a very heavy burden to carry and you seem to be doing it so well. Hope we can support you when needed as we try to do with each other offering understanding and comfort, dosed with humour when we can.

I too get pleasure from nature and find birds totally fascinating. That freedom! There are 2 starlings building a nest under my neighbours' eaves and I spend so much time gazing in wonder at the size of the the building material they are carrying and how they manipulate it into the space available. They must be active now as I can see my cat watching them from the window sill while I lie in bed telling myself to get up. Best wishes.
Sent from my GT-N5110