New phase

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Thank you chick we are here to support each other, you have more problems than me, thinking of you, looks like we are going to have some warmer weather for the weekend.

Ahh bless you Pam, I think we all have difficulties at times and it's so good to have TP where we can lift each other up :) it's a beautiful morning and the Suns out , always makes things a little easier! Can't wait for spring and summer xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

minxie

Dec 29, 2014
Hi minxie,
I would be very interested to know the name of the sleeping tablet that your husband has. Mine has tried several but only sleeps around 3-4 hours a night. Then he is coming into me and saying I can't sleep then he cries. This has been going on for over 3 weeks and I am so very tired, I am not functioning very well. He has VAS Dem. and has got worse over the last 5 weeks. I do have carers morning and evening to help him. He is not incontinent yet. Also he goes to a day centre 4 days a week. I would welcome your comments. Unfortunately I live in Sweden, but I am sure we can get the same medicine. My dr seems reluctant to prescribe strong tablets.
Thank you very much love disi x

Hi disi,
The tablets are called AMITRIPTYLINE 10MG and my husband takes 2 every night around 8.30pm and falls to sleep around 10pm ish? and wakes at 6am.
He was diagnosed with Alzheimer's at 50 years old he is now 55 and is very psychically active in the day,so not sure if this helps him sleep age etc:
He has got much worse last few months,and nights were terrible like many I read on here!! so the tablets are a god send.
I hope you can get help and support.
Thinking of you both xxx

suelou

Mar 22, 2014
Manchester
N ew phase

Hello everyone my hubby has in the last week gone to bed at 6pm with all his clothes on minus shoes, he gets up at 3 or 4am undresses has a shower and shave gets dressed again in the same clothes, then is ready to go out!!!!! I am trying to sleep l make tea, and tell him to go back to bed which he does fully dressed, goes to sleep wakes at 7am does a repeat of earlier, having trouble getting dirty clothes off him without upset any advice.

My husband also sleeps with his clothes on and takes his shoes off. He will not have a bath or a shower so I have resorted to using baby wipes as often as possible. He is very repetitive and has been asking me constantly when it will be 5pm - this is absolutely driving me mad!!!!

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello Suelo this is awful what we are having to put up with, how we cope l do not know, but we do, if l tell my hubby what to do he gets really cross and aggressive, l am his enermy instead of the faithful and loving wife of 50yrs. I understand what you are going through.

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Just to let you all know l am having such a wonderful relaxing time, our son has taken his father away for 3 days, l have just had a good nights sleep only woke once. We have only had 5nights without each other in 50yrs, l can not believe how l feel it is such a relief to have time on my own, going to play in a bowls match today, tomorrow out for lunch with a girlfriend. Hubby back on Tues.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Just to let you all know l am having such a wonderful relaxing time, our son has taken his father away for 3 days, l have just had a good nights sleep only woke once. We have only had 5nights without each other in 50yrs, l can not believe how l feel it is such a relief to have time on my own, going to play in a bowls match today, tomorrow out for lunch with a girlfriend. Hubby back on Tues.

How wonderful Pam :) John plays bowls too . Here's to a great time , enjoying the match and all the social events going with it ! Have fantastic 3 days xx

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Thank you Izzy today has been so good, my son has just phoned me, he said to his father l wonder how mum is getting on, he said she has been dead for yrs, it upset him!! My son said Dad is so happy but he is hard work he was up all night, hope he has the courage to take him away again

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Thank you thruth24 l am enjoying the break, its so strange that l don't miss him, can't sleep, slept well last night, my body clock is probably back to not sleeping mode,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I know exactly how you feel pamann, the relief at having time to yourself, just a bit of space to choose is tremendous.

Perhaps if your son finds it too difficult to offer you another break you might consider respite care.

I wouldn't hear of it until one of my friends suggested it might help my husband to get used to accepting a different presence , just in case I became ill and had to think of more permanent care.

This actually happened to us and my husband settled into his care home with only teething problems. From then after he was as contented as he 'd been for year.

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Thank you Grannie G my son now lives with us weekdays, he has a mobile home near the coast, he goes there weekends, so decided to take his father to give me a break, hubby has been so happy, he has been up most of the night showering and shaving like at home, our son is managing him ok, l feel so much better the break has been wonderful going out today with a girlfriend for lunch, l feel so awful that l have not missed him

balloo

Sep 21, 2013
northamptonshire
Zopiclone was what our dr put mother in law on as she was wondering at night around the house 1 or 2 tablets.dr did say may make her dementia worse but dont think its that thinks its just getting worse.
sorry no advise

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Thank you Grannie G my son now lives with us weekdays, he has a mobile home near the coast, he goes there weekends, so decided to take his father to give me a break, hubby has been so happy, he has been up most of the night showering and shaving like at home, our son is managing him ok, l feel so much better the break has been wonderful going out today with a girlfriend for lunch, l feel so awful that l have not missed him

Good morning Pam just wanted to wish you a lovely last day of your respite . The sun is out specially for you xx

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
So sorry to read your post Panamm and hope you get some help from tomorrow's meeting. Will be thinking of you.

Sent from my GT-N5110

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Thank you so much for you concern, l have been to the dentist this morning, then spent 3hrs in the garden, me time hubby indoors walking from room to room, not happy as normally l take him out every day, son here with me so l am ok, not looking forward to tomorrow, will let you know how we get on, hope l can get some sleep tonight, hope your day has been good