Bingo

Cheesecake4242

Apr 9, 2013
I am going to start a Bingo session at my MIL's Sheltered Housing complex. She, along with a few others, have moderate dementia. I need to purchase the equipment and am not sure whether to buy tickets and dabbers or buy shutterboards. Any thoughts?

Witzend

Aug 29, 2007
SW London
I don't know about 'standard' bingo, but thought I'd just mention the Musical Bingo they play at my mother's CH. It comes with a CD of very well known old songs/hymn tunes etc. with the titles on their 'card' . Seems to go down v well - they all have dementia, mostly past the early stages.

Cheesecake4242

Apr 9, 2013
I don't know about 'standard' bingo, but thought I'd just mention the Musical Bingo they play at my mother's CH. It comes with a CD of very well known old songs/hymn tunes etc. with the titles on their 'card' . Seems to go down v well - they all have dementia, mostly past the early stages.

Thanks for that, sounds interesting!

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
They also play musical bingo at OHs daycare. Don't know which system they use, though He's never complained!

henfenywfach

May 23, 2013
rct
I am going to start a Bingo session at my MIL's Sheltered Housing complex. She, along with a few others, have moderate dementia. I need to purchase the equipment and am not sure whether to buy tickets and dabbers or buy shutterboards. Any thoughts?

Hi!

Just a few thoughts on bingo!

I take my dad to alzheimers craft group every week!..at the end they play propper bingo..with tickets and pens or dabbers..the whole group are at varying stages..and even if they need help or just keep an eye now and again...they love it!!
I even gave a lovely gent the chance to call and he did brilliantly!..his
U nderstanding in poor nowadays..his wife couldnt believe it when i told her a day or so later!..

Maybe try one way and then if that isnt suitable try another..
Just bought bingo game from wilko or poundstretchers..got rid of noisey ball we use a bowl..

Best wishes..house!!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Talking Point mobile app

Cheesecake4242

Apr 9, 2013
My first session went well! We used proper bimgo cards with felt pens, 20p a game. Managed 3 games in one hour 15 mins. 8 people attended and all enjoyed it. Not sure about the bingo ball wheel, MIL thought it was too noisy! All in all very successful and residents very grateful that I had made the effort to do it for them.