Mental Capacity Act...Moving between temporary to permanent LA contract.

Pete R

Jul 26, 2014
Staffs
Mom, with Vas D, is currently in a Nursing Home on a temporary LA contract. She is about to go onto a permanent contract.

I have both LPA's and have been acting on her behalf since Easter. The SW knows this.

SW today said that Mom will have to have a MCA assessment to see if she understands the difference between the two contracts.

Can anyone explain why?

Wirralson

Account Closed
May 30, 2012
Mom, with Vas D, is currently in a Nursing Home on a temporary LA contract. She is about to go onto a permanent contract.

I have both LPA's and have been acting on her behalf since Easter. The SW knows this.

SW today said that Mom will have to have a MCA assessment to see if she understands the difference between the two contracts.

Can anyone explain why?
]

The short asnwer is no, I can't see why. However...

The Mental capacity Act 2005 and its associated code of practice do require that the parson concerned (you mother) does have a right to be informed of decisions affecting her and should be involved in such decisions. In order to do this in any meaningfull way it would be necessary to establish whether she was capable of understanding the decision being taken as a prelude to any discussion overf the change itself. I think this will be where the SW is coming from.

W

Pete R

Jul 26, 2014
Staffs
]

The short asnwer is no, I can't see why. However...

The Mental capacity Act 2005 and its associated code of practice do require that the parson concerned (you mother) does have a right to be informed of decisions affecting her and should be involved in such decisions. In order to do this in any meaningfull way it would be necessary to establish whether she was capable of understanding the decision being taken as a prelude to any discussion overf the change itself. I think this will be where the SW is coming from.

W
Thanks for the reply. I have asked the SW for a clear explanation of WHY Mom needs to know about a contract change. She doesn't even know she is on one.:(

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrew2024