Promises

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
I look after my husband who has Alzheimer's. He saw a headline in today's papers..SUPPORT FOR. 540,000 DEMENTIA CARERS.

He has read the article aloud at least thirty times in the past hour, and I am at screaming pitch.

Thankyou Mr Cameron.

Adcat

Jun 15, 2014
London
Rageddy Anne!
Scream it my way, I haven't seen it!
What paper is it in?
Gosh, you really wouldn't know that an election was around the corner!
I would scream with you. It I got tonsillitis :mad:

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
I look after my husband who has Alzheimer's. He saw a headline in today's papers..SUPPORT FOR. 540,000 DEMENTIA CARERS.

He has read the article aloud at least thirty times in the past hour, and I am at screaming pitch.

Thankyou Mr Cameron.

Good old David: good to know 'we are all in this together'. One of Maureen's Aunties always sings this when she is clearing up after her husband had had an accident when he has failed yet again to get to the bathroom on time. It's a bit difficult for Dennis with Alzheimer's and a walking frame to contend with.

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
The Telegraph. But it's probably in one or two others.

No, It couldn't be to do with an upcoming election could it?:D

Thank goodness my husband has fallen asleep. I must hide the paper before he wakes up.

Adcat

Jun 15, 2014
London
No, it's not that one and I don't know how to post the link :confused:
It sounds wonderful.
There is a bit of a patronising comment about how wonderful us carers are.
However, no mention of how it's going to be funded :eek:
What's that old saying about to good to be true?
Keep screaming :D
I can't, I got tonsillitis :(

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
No, it's not that one and I don't know how to post the link :confused:
It sounds wonderful.
There is a bit of a patronising comment about how wonderful us carers are.
However, no mention of how it's going to be funded :eek:
What's that old saying about to good to be true?
Keep screaming :D
I can't, I got tonsillitis :(

It does sound good, and I'd be all for it, except that, as I've seen - we're already countrywide full of old, sick people caring for older, sicker people. So, how are the older generation going to have the strength to get into that workforce? I'd do it gladly, 'cept I wouldn't make the call as I don't drive. I have to use my wheelchair and go on a mile walk to and from the train, and so on.

No friends to hire a car for anything. Yup, I'm all alone. But if there was a need in my village, you can bet I'd be willing to cover it, as I could walk there. Perhaps I could be a sitter, or whatever it's called, these days.

This is, actually, an excellent idea. To post a link, just copy and paste it, Adcat.

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
On today'sTelegraph, front page, the article headed " Support for 540,000 dementia Carers". By the political editor.

We're to be offered "Respite and Emotional and psychological support," so that we can "Have a life".

I'm so excited!

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
On today'sTelegraph, front page, the article headed " Support for 540,000 dementia Carers". By the political editor.

We're to be offered "Respite and Emotional and psychological support," so that we can "Have a life".

I'm so excited!

What will I do now if an 'invisible' tells me to get a life? I already read the Telegraph passed on the next day by my neighbour. I'm so excited I may not be able to sleep, again, tonight.