Grumpy Gramps

Oct 30, 2012
West Yorkshire
ImageUploadedByTalking Point1421962884.387534.jpg

Peace and Love

Grumpy Gramps

Oct 30, 2012
West Yorkshire
What is the point of attendance allowance when it is paid directly into a bank account that is controlled by two POA who never do a thing to be kind to their mother. I am fed up with arguing with them. Social Svc are aware of the situation but say that POA's are entitled to manage her account any way they see fit.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I didn`t realise POA would be granted to others when the next of kin is the primary carer. Can`t this be changed?

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
What is the point of attendance allowance when it is paid directly into a bank account that is controlled by two POA who never do a thing to be kind to their mother. I am fed up with arguing with them. Social Svc are aware of the situation but say that POA's are entitled to manage her account any way they see fit.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

You should notify the Office of the Public Guardian if you think the POAs acting for your partner are not managing her money in her best interests they can investigate.
http://www.publicguardian-scotland.gov.uk/investigations/about-investigations/when-can-we-act

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm glad you're feeling optimistic today. Mine's a large black coffee by the way!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife