Links

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
How do you put a link without pasting the link address
For some time I have seen links on here which simply said, Here or a title.

Thanks in advance.

Pete R

Jul 26, 2014
Staffs
How do you put a link without pasting the link address
For some time I have seen links on here which simply said, Here or a title.

Thanks in advance.

Like this

When in the reply box there should be smilies off to the right and lots of other options above. Where the "B" for bold is, go along that line till around the middle and the first small globe, put your mouse over it and it should say "insert link".

Now type in your reply. Type the words you want as your link and just highlight them. Click on the globe and a box will appear. paste the address link in there and click OK.

Good Luck:)

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Hi Lin

I'll do my best to explain but I can't promise!!

You type in the words you want to use to create the link, for example FACTSHEET. You then need to have the URL address you want to link that to - eg

http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/scripts/documents.php?categoryID=200137

I always open the page I want in a new window and highlight and copy the address ready to paste when I need it.

You highlight the word FACTSHEET then clink on the little icon above the reply box which looks like a little globe, the one next to the globe with the red cross on it. This gives you a little box which asks you to put in the URL address you want to link to. I always take out the http thing which is already in the box and I then paste in the address which I have already saved. That's all you have to do as the word will have turned blue and it is a now a hyperlink -

FACTSHEET

I bet that's as clear as mud!!!! The instructions may be in the Help area but I can't see them at the minute.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Pete and Izzy have already explained but these may help:

Attachments

• linkicon.PNG
    linkicon.PNG
    9.4 KB · Views: 400
  • Boxforlinkinsertion.PNG
    Boxforlinkinsertion.PNG
    5.9 KB · Views: 391

Pete R

Jul 26, 2014
Staffs
Thank you everyone .

I think I'll probably need to practice for a while.

If you do want to practice then give it a go.:) But before you click "submit reply" you can "preview post" and it will show up on there and you can click on your new link to see if it works.

Then just cancel it if you don't actually want to post it.

Good luck:)

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm doing this on my iPhone using Safari. I don't think it can be done with the app but I'll check. It is certainly much more of a fiddle using iPhone. I thought I'd put in a link for something essential!!Cosmopolitans

Just tried app and can't do it.

Last edited:

Pete R

Jul 26, 2014
Staffs
I'm doing this on my iPhone using Safari. I don't think it can be done with the app but I'll check. It is certainly much more of a fiddle using iPhone. I thought I'd put in a link for something essential!!Cosmopolitans

Just tried app and can't do it.
Thanks for the link, just off to get some limes.:)