Like Walking Through Thick Mud.

Georgiaj23

Feb 5, 2015
I'm totally new to this so feel a bit awkward.
He drains me, physically and mentally. Don't know many people round here and kids have their own kids ( except youngest who,is at UCL ). Can't be bothered to get up and get moving lately. Lots of ideas but I can't do them.
Sorry for pathetic moaning. No one to talk to.

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
Hello Georgiaj23,a warm welcome to you to Talking Point, please don't ever feel awkward here, much understanding and support available from us as carers and who are people that care, so talk when you need always someone around here all day,all week:eek: we can feel so alone even surrounded by people...dementia invades our lives and those we care about:eek: I hope you are getting enough support from your GP in this difficult part of your life..our helpline may be of help to you..herewith the link
http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/faq.php?faq=resources#faq_resources_helpline
Take care
Chris

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
He drains me, physically and mentally. Don't know many people round here and kids have their own kids ( except youngest who,is at UCL ). Can't be bothered to get up and get moving lately. Lots of ideas but I can't do them.

That's why I go silent a bit more often these days, Georgia. As I'm typing this, there's a dreadful row outside. Some sort of aircraft, I think. Phew, but it's loud! (Can't they make that row during the day, 'stead of the middle of the night? Nag, nag!)

Really feel for you and hope you pull through it soon. I've just come out of a depression myself. Sympathy and empathy, xx

Last edited by a moderator:

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
That's why I go silent a bit more often these days, Georgia. As I'm typing this, there's a dreadful row outside. Some sort of aircraft, I think. Phew, but it's loud! (Can't they make that row during the day, 'stead of the middle of the night? Nag, nag!)

Really feel for you and hope you pull through it soon. I've just come out of a depression myself. Sympathy and empathy, xx

I do get you Chuggalug . Humour to mask the sadness inside and holding the real feelings back! Your post really touched me my lovely huge hugs to you xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Last edited by a moderator:

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee

You're not pathetic and you're not moaning! I'm glad you have found TP and I'm sure you will find lots of people here to talk to. You will find lots of help and support. There are other members who have young children and I hope they will pop in and share their experiences with you.

Take care.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Talking helps

Last week I took part in research by the Scottish Govt, one of the universities, and Alz Scotland. I was interviewed while John sat upstairs and read his paper with one of the carers we know. I intended to be very measured in my responses but the dam burst almost immediately and for an hour it poured forth. Yesterday I got the transcript emailed to me for correction. OMG I must have talked their ears off! But you know what, it was all true and much of the pros and cons I learned here on TP. It did me a lot of good and although I was emotionally drained afterwards I would do it again.

I have never had counselling but I guess it would work the same way. You need to get all of this stuff out and aired no matter how uncomfortable you make the listener. Be careful with friends and family though as you need them to stick around and no one can take too much of this.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Georgia

Welcome to the Fold.

We have all been there and I have bared my soul on TP.

It is not pathetic moaning, it`s offloading rather than screaming or having a nervous breakdown.
It`s talking to people who know, people who care and people who are in similar situations.

Keep talking Georgia. It won`t solve your problems or make your OH better but it will give you support, information and friendship.

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Welcome Georgia l agree with Grannie G she has so much experience, post whenever you feel stressed there will always be someone to help and advise you take care ♡♡♡

Ladybird23

Feb 28, 2014
Georgia, know how you feel. I was in a position many years ago, in a new country with a new born son, hubby away for most week days, weeks... months.....Didn't know anyone in the block.... my neighbours were working, so the days were spent just getting more black. I had to go to the SSAFA sister to get help which is not like me at all.

My hubby got me a bike and that opened up my world and me and my son could get out and about. It saved me. I went to the local coffee shop and met other mums and the world was my oyster!! Well within peddling power!!! Many were like me, did not know anyone etc. but we all had one thing in common, we were lonely and wanted someone to chat to.
I hope you find the courage to get out and hope all goes well.

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
A warm welcome from me too, Georgia, and I hope you'll find the forum as supportive and helpful as I do.

None of us see your post as moaning, and we have all had to offload to each other at times. It's good to get things off your chest, isn't it? Even if there is no real answer, bottling things up just feels worse.

Do keep posting, there is always someone around :).

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
A huge welcome from me too. :) Never, ever think that expressing your feelings will be viewed as moaning, or ranting, or anything remotely like that. We're all here propping each other up, when we need it, and doing our own share of propping when we can.

When life seems dark, just knowing that others understand, even if they can't do anything, is a huge help.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
I do get you Chuggalug . Humour to mask the sadness inside and holding the real feelings back! Your post really touched me my lovely huge hugs to you xxxx

Ah Chick. Feelings, eh? Actually, I'm having a bit of a time of it on the blog. There's a load of us Christians sharing stuff together, and it's awesome. I've just put a story up on it myself a little while ago. Made me think of things that have happened, over the last few years which, if they hadn't...well, let's just say I wouldn't be writing this, right now.

Life is good, Chick. Very, very good. Love to you, xxx

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Ah Chick. Feelings, eh? Actually, I'm having a bit of a time of it on the blog. There's a load of us Christians sharing stuff together, and it's awesome. I've just put a story up on it myself a little while ago. Made me think of things that have happened, over the last few years which, if they hadn't...well, let's just say I wouldn't be writing this, right now.

Life is good, Chick. Very, very good. Love to you, xxx

I'm so glad it is Chuggalug I always find writing helps started writing a diary in 1978 and kept it up every year since! Sometimes I laugh out loud when I read them specially the ones when I was a teenager ! Maybe write my life story one day

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
I'm so glad it is Chuggalug I always find writing helps started writing a diary in 1978 and kept it up every year since! Sometimes I laugh out loud when I read them specially the ones when I was a teenager ! Maybe write my life story one day

I take it back. It's turned into an absolute riot tonight. (Grits teeth!) Anyway, this thread belongs to someone else. Better be off! Thanks Chick.

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs

Hi Georgia a belated welcome to T P. One of our carers said of stroke recovery:'it's like walking uphill through mud with ski boots on'. The difference between stroke and dementia is there is hope of improvement: with dementia there is none. So I wonder how she would describe dementia? I hope you find T P as helpful as I have done. G L

mabbs

Dec 1, 2014
Lancashire
Georgia, just read your post, it could have been me writing it, sometimes I cant even find the energy to come onto TP, but then when I do, there is such help and support, make the most of the good days, and try and get some quality rest, pour out your feelings on here, you will find you will feel better, and there is always someone to 'talk' to. Thinking of you take care x

Georgiaj23

Feb 5, 2015
Thank you all. It's been a good day today. Been to the grandchildren. Brought the twins back with us . They are asleep now. OH will,behave himself while they are here.it's when we are on our own. He is so manipulative, but I am learning to be gently firm. I am going out. If he wants to come he can. If not I am still going. How hard that is when he looks so sad and lonely. I'm Sure he feels it, but when our friend john sits with him he has no interest In where I am or where I'm going. I know he needs me ( or someone) to keep him 'here' to remind him what todo, to explain the TV programmes. But I need some space. Depression is with me all the time now. Up,to,2 tablets, which I hate. I am in pain. I am disabled. He used to look after me.
If you think of love as deposits in your bank you can't keep withdrawing you must have new deposits or you'll go in the red ( depression ) Too far into the red leads to bankruptcy...( breakdown)...

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Hi Georgia, it sounds as though your situation is so very diffficult. Have you had a
Carer's assessment? It's very difficult if you are feeling so tired and struggling to do anything, but is there any chance of your OH getting Respite Care to give you a real break? Do you belong to any Carer's groups? Perhaps a support worker could help you to tackle SS. It really sounds as though you fear you won't be able to carry on very much longer.
Love Es
x