Another death

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
We have had 5 funerals since Christmas, family and friends, today hubby's cousin has died in CH she had AD he is so upset, we do visit her every week as he is so close to her, should we go to yet another funeral, l am feeling so stressed, tomorrow he will forget about today, he is so confused, her husband has just been diagnosed with AD so feel we should go to support him, just need a big hug ♡♡♡

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh Panamm what a hard situation for you. I'm so sorry you and your husband are facing this. Sending hugs.

image.jpg

WILLIAMR

Account Closed
Apr 12, 2014
We have had 5 funerals since Christmas, family and friends, today hubby's cousin has died in CH she had AD he is so upset, we do visit her every week as he is so close to her, should we go to yet another funeral, l am feeling so stressed, tomorrow he will forget about today, he is so confused, her husband has just been diagnosed with AD so feel we should go to support him, just need a big hug ♡♡♡

Hi pamann

I am sorry about your situation.
Mid 2003 to 2004 was a bad time for our wider family.
My mother died and we had 14 other deaths.
I suppose this will happen at some point as the wider family consists of over 250 people.

William

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Thank you Izzy William and Lyn for your hugs and kind words, it means so much to me ♡♡♡

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
So sorry to hear of yet another death Pamann - so many Funerals already this year and now one more. Can you decide nearer the day whether to go or not? Thinking of you both.

Adcat

Jun 15, 2014
London
I am so sorry for your losses.
I read somewhere that a contented strategy is to offer no new news and only good, positive communication.
I took my Dad to a funeral recently of a chap he had known for years. While he behaved appropriately, he did ask me several times who had died and has not mentioned it since. As such, I think I may adopt this strategy as I think life will be less stressful.
Take care x

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Pamann so sorry to hear of all these sad losses in such a short space of time. Huge hug from me. x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Oh what a dreadful situation for you. Is there any way that someone could be with your hubby, whilst you go to the cousin's funeral on your own? As you've said that tomorrow your husband won't remember today, you'll know in your heart that you're representing both of you.

And you say that the cousin's husband has also been diagnosed with AD? Oh sweetie, I'm sending you the biggest hug I can find. xxxx

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Thank you for all your support and advice, bless you Scarlett l will go with our eldest son youngest son will stay with his father, so much all at once for us, thinking of the January lads, bless you Lyn, Scarlett, and Wife ♡♡♡

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Thank you for all your support and advice, bless you Scarlett l will go with our eldest son youngest son will stay with his father, so much all at once for us, thinking of the January lads, bless you Lyn, Scarlett, and Wife ♡♡♡

The January Lads will make sure that this February Lass has a front row seat, and will watch over her, with the greatest courtesy and care. xxx

WILLIAMR

Account Closed
Apr 12, 2014
I have just been notified of a sudden death in the wider family and will be going to the funeral soon.
What is worrying is she is a year younger than me.

William

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Condolenses to you William, this is a bad time of the year, the youngest of our losses was 22yrs old so sad,♡♡♡

WILLIAMR

Account Closed
Apr 12, 2014
Condolenses to you William, this is a bad time of the year, the youngest of our losses was 22yrs old so sad,♡♡♡

I lost my brother when he was 17 and my wife lost her sister when she was 16.
I met my wife when we were 11. We were not married at the time of the deaths but I think it was generally expected to happen so it was really the same family for practical purposes.

William

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
I lost my brother when he was 17 and my wife lost her sister when she was 16.
I met my wife when we were 11. We were not married at the time of the deaths but I think it was generally expected to happen so it was really the same family for practical purposes.

William

What tragedy you have had, William. xxx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet