Dwp

macatac

Nov 9, 2014
North Wales
Well, after a lot of problems of my own with the dwp,thanks to atos,and being taken off of my incapacity benefit, I do have to give credit where credit is due. I applied for attendance allowance for my mum who has alzheimers. We had a decision within 4 wks,and she was awarded the lower rate. Several weeks later,the dwp made an appointment to come out to visit myself and mum in order to make me her appointee. The chap from the dwp came out at the time specified, was here for a half hr,and whilst here completed a form to apply to get my mum the severe disability premium. The severe disability was awarded,and sorted out within 4-5 wks with arrears paid. Ive had need to ring the pensions service once,said I was her appointee, and after a couple of security questions was able to deal with the enquiry I had. Quite impressive really.

Liz57

Dec 22, 2013
Well, after a lot of problems of my own with the dwp,thanks to atos,and being taken off of my incapacity benefit, I do have to give credit where credit is due. I applied for attendance allowance for my mum who has alzheimers. We had a decision within 4 wks,and she was awarded the lower rate. Several weeks later,the dwp made an appointment to come out to visit myself and mum in order to make me her appointee. The chap from the dwp came out at the time specified, was here for a half hr,and whilst here completed a form to apply to get my mum the severe disability premium. The severe disability was awarded,and sorted out within 4-5 wks with arrears paid. Ive had need to ring the pensions service once,said I was her appointee, and after a couple of security questions was able to deal with the enquiry I had. Quite impressive really.

How do you become an appointee? I've applied for Attendance Allowance for mum, been told that it will take up to 3 months and they'll only deal directly with her, despite me saying she's got Alzheimers. the follow up letter they sent to her caused all sorts of issues (she gets very agitated when something happens she doesn't understand).

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
How do you become an appointee? I've applied for Attendance Allowance for mum, been told that it will take up to 3 months and they'll only deal directly with her, despite me saying she's got Alzheimers. the follow up letter they sent to her caused all sorts of issues (she gets very agitated when something happens she doesn't understand).

Just asked them to visit you which they have done with us . They have made me his appointee too and were very nice and understanding

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
I got the help of CAB to help fill in Attendance Allowance stuff, then rang DWP to arrange for a home visit regarding Appointee. The people who came just asked mum a few questions, filled in the forms and within 4 weeks all complete, they also arranged for some of mum's benefits to be paid in to mine and mums bank accounts. There was only one hiccup and that was one benefit was still being paid into mum's post office pension account, just a mistake and soon sorted.

Lancashirelady

Oct 7, 2014
I was pleasantly gobsmacked how straightforward it was to be made an appointee. A very nice lady from the DwP came out to see Dad. It was a very short visit - he was having a day when he could hardly speak - and it all got sorted in next to no time. She recommended we open a separate bank account for Dad's benefits so it would be transparent what was going in and out, which we did. AA and state pension both went in and Mum got some help with the household expenses as Dad hadn't been to the bank in months!

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan