Therapeutic Creativity

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
I made some loom band elasitic
Bracelets today
Sent from my GT-S5570 using Talking Point mobile app

I had one made for me on saturday, I'd had one made earlier but some had perished so my friend's daughter made made me another. She told me I shouldn't keep taking it on or off and I shouldn't keep getting it wet;). She also asked me next time I see her could I take the bands back that didn't perish:D;) - she'll go far! she's 7:)

LoriAustralia

Jul 31, 2014
Australia
Inspiring

I thought it would be good to start a thread on how creativity is good therapy after we discussed this topic in the chat room today!

I enjoy doing lots of different crafts and thought people might get some ideas of creative activities they can do and also a place to show each other what we are doing to inspire each other

here's one of my photos as a starter!

So super inspiring. Thank you have been thinking about stimulation therapies lately. This is awesome!!!:D

Leolady56

Aug 9, 2014
South Africa
Incredibly beautiful! This needs to hang on the right kind of wall so that it's full beauty will shine out for everyone to see and admire! Using the word 'admire' again, I *really* admire every carer who can concentrate on still being able to concentrate on creating such beautiful art works. I have been taking care of my 94 year old Mom for close on 6 years (I can't afford to put her into a care home as I don't live in the UK) and most days it takes ALL my strength to even make a cup of tea :eek: It feels as if all creativity has been sucked right out of me so well done to those folks who can still muster up amazing creativity :)

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
I have a new trick!

I can now turn my photos into brooches and pendants and fridge magnets!

It's quite complicated to do but it is very theraputic!

Attachments

• 10885166_10152965124574808_4722078425688081003_n.jpg
    10885166_10152965124574808_4722078425688081003_n.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 376

Leolady56

Aug 9, 2014
South Africa
Incredibly beautiful! This needs to hang on the right kind of wall so that it's full beauty will shine out for everyone to see and admire! Using the word 'admire' again, I *really* admire every carer who can concentrate on still being able to concentrate on creating such beautiful art works. I have been taking care of my 94 year old Mom for close on 6 years (I can't afford to put her into a care home as I don't live in the UK) and most days it takes ALL my strength to even make a cup of tea :eek: It feels as if all creativity has been sucked right out of me so well done to those folks who can still muster up amazing creativity :)
Oh dear, I had to take a break to make some tea for Mom and to wash her down as she had a slight 'urinary accident' and now when I read my post - it's just got to much "me, me, me." Not what I intended it to be at all. I have always LOVED the incredible artistry and imagination which goes into home crafts and I have to tell you - this is truly stunning and if I were loaded with excess 'bucks' and you were exhibiting at one of those local art fairs - this is something I would most certainly purchase! I think it's incredibly creative - I wonder just how many hours, (days?weeks?) went into making this and I would hang it in my bedroom - just to remind me of the beauty of women and their innate strength which we ladies often tend to forget along the road of caring, tending, shopping, cooking, and generally all round self-less care for everyone around us. :) Wishing you many more inspirational pieces of art in time to come! Warmest hugs all the way from S.Africa :)

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
For the last few weeks I have got too distracted by facebook and not been creative enough
Seeing the problem means I am half way there.

I still have my exhibition up in Northampton and I am planning to do a dementia friends talk to accompany it.

I have been creative though and I have mostly been making my photo jewelry

I sold some on Saturday and a lady who bought one spotted my dementia friends badge and she is a champion too She was so intersting.

Today I am knuckling down to doing some more to my book on making memory books for people with dementia.

I have done a bit more creative cooking too and I am plodding along with my diet!;)