End of life care

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
My Mum is slowly and surely losing her grip on this life. Her GP says perhaps she'll last the weekend, my heart is saying let go now Mum. She may last until the end of the week, but I don't think so this time.

I asked her Vicar to call in this afternoon, ( he will bring Communion as usual tomorrow) He has annointed her and commended her into God's Hands, and this means a lot to Mum.

I am OK because I know it is time, Mum is OK because she knows it is time. She is calm, peaceful, pain free and she is sure of her destination.

So to you Mum, however long this dark night of the soul may last, I say this prayer for you.

As night draws on Mum, sleep well. For when the sun eventually rises for you, it will be a brave new world. God bless. I'll be with you for as long and as much as I am able. In body or in spirit, you will never be alone, Dad, Gill, your darling Mammy, they are all there to greet you, and to welcome you home with open arms.

I'll let you know when I have any news, but for now I'll love you all and leave you. I'll know you are there, for me.x.

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Wishing your Mum a peaceful release and peace at her passing for you too from knowing what a loving daughter you have been. I am sure she knows how you have been fighting her corner all through. Supportive hugs for you xx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Oh Maureen! I know you have been expecting this for a while and your Mum has bounced back a few times-but now you seem so certain. I'm glad your Mum is pain free and settled and she has her faith to guide her.

My heart is with you and your dear Mum.

Love Lyn T XX

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
We certainly are here for you Maureen as you have been for so many of us in the past. The best I can hope for you and your mum is peace of mind body and spirit.

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
Continued peace and comfort for your darling Mam, Maureen.
The same for you and all of her little flock she leaves behind to carry the baton.
A fine legacy. xxx

Margaret79

May 11, 2010
Wisbech, Cambridgeshire
Thinking of you Maureen and sending hugs.

Tears in my eyes as I read your post. It sounds as if your Mum and you are both ready. We will be here holding your hand and wishing you both peace and a safe journey. xxx

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
May you both find peace soon.

Huge squishy hug. Holding your hand tight in mine

ImageUploadedByTalking Point1422133038.867910.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
My Mum is slowly and surely losing her grip on this life. Her GP says perhaps she'll last the weekend, my heart is saying let go now Mum. She may last until the end of the week, but I don't think so this time.

I asked her Vicar to call in this afternoon, ( he will bring Communion as usual tomorrow) He has annointed her and commended her into God's Hands, and this means a lot to Mum.

I am OK because I know it is time, Mum is OK because she knows it is time. She is calm, peaceful, pain free and she is sure of her destination.

So to you Mum, however long this dark night of the soul may last, I say this prayer for you.

As night draws on Mum, sleep well. For when the sun eventually rises for you, it will be a brave new world. God bless. I'll be with you for as long and as much as I am able. In body or in spirit, you will never be alone, Dad, Gill, your darling Mammy, they are all there to greet you, and to welcome you home with open arms.

I'll let you know when I have any news, but for now I'll love you all and leave you. I'll know you are there, for me.x.

The fact your Mum knows her destination is wonderful. Gordon knew it too and so it was easier to let him go. You will be in my prayers tonight. Jeannette

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah R