Incontinence pads

Lilibet1

Nov 19, 2012
Buckinghamshire
Hello, It's been a long time since i've written o here. My OH is in a care home, which he's settled into nicely (although we have had a few terrible moments) but now after a short 5 days in hospital following an infection he's come out and is incontinent. My question is the care home will supply pads for him (but these aren't the best as they move around whilst being worn and so don't work too well) so i want to get him some "pull up" pants can anyone tell me where the best place is to buy them. Thanks :)

barny

Jan 20, 2006
Herts
Hi you can buy on line from many outlets. There are all different makes around. Tena, boots do their own range called stay dry. Some health trusts do have continence services that will provide pull-ups if you meet certain requirements. It would be worth contacting them and asking. It can be quite an on going expense buying your own.

Lilibet1

Nov 19, 2012
Buckinghamshire
Hi you can buy on line from many outlets. There are all different makes around. Tena, boots do their own range called stay dry. Some health trusts do have continence services that will provide pull-ups if you meet certain requirements. It would be worth contacting them and asking. It can be quite an on going expense buying your own.

Thank you for your reply.i will certainly check out Boots to see what they offer.

Lilibet1

Nov 19, 2012
Buckinghamshire
AgeUK stock several makes including their own brand.

You can order paid for samples on line, they used to only charge one lot of delivery charges for multiple samples in the same order, don't know if they have stopped doing this.

Tick boxes on the left hand side to limit what you are offered.

http://www.ageukincontinence.co.uk/...up-pant-samples.html?inco_brands=&inco_level=

Thank you for your reply. I have looked online but its really hard to tell exactly what they are like. Maybe i should get a few and compare the samples. :)

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
We were supplied by a company called Paul Hartm..n. Our Continence service arranged it when my OH became doubly incontinent and they were provided FOC. Am not sure if his CH use the same supplier but they have changed his pullups to the wrap around ones and then use some sort of tight fitting pant over the top to keep them in place. Just 2 suggestions.
1. That perhaps you investigate the purchase of these over pants. They are very fine, elasticated and washable and could be cheaper than constantly having to purchase your own disposable pull ups.
2. If you do decide to buy your own, then go to a site like the one for the company mentioned or Tena or some such and get them at the VAT free price. You are entitled to this for your husband's illness and you won't get it if you go to B..ts or other retailers. Hope this helps.
PS. The ones we had were good quality. You can choose size and absorbency

Sent from my GT-N5110

Grandpa

Jul 28, 2013
Kenilworth
NHS provision

Your NHS trust will have an incontinence team who will assess the need and supply the appropriate pads at regular intervals.

gingernut45

Mar 7, 2013
Cambrigeshire
If there is a mobility aids centre near you, try them, they may have to order in, but they have a vat exemption form you can fill in on partners or parents behalf. I do it for my hubby as local health authority don't supply pull-ups.

tomgee3425

Feb 3, 2014
Negombo Sri Lanka
Hello, It's been a long time since i've written o here. My OH is in a care home, which he's settled into nicely (although we have had a few terrible moments) but now after a short 5 days in hospital following an infection he's come out and is incontinent. My question is the care home will supply pads for him (but these aren't the best as they move around whilst being worn and so don't work too well) so i want to get him some "pull up" pants can anyone tell me where the best place is to buy them. Thanks :)
Hi my OH has to wear incontinence pants but she tries to take them off. I tend to put a pair of normal panties over her incontinence pants and I think she feels better with this.This is an insidious disease. Sorry this doesn't answer your question but gives thought for the future

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lindsay A