The Mystery of the Pong in the Night

Eleonora

Dec 21, 2012
Abingdon Oxfordshire
Just before Christmas day, I became aware of a very definite pong in the air.
Naturally, having checked the soles of my shoes, I looked accusingly at Lola, my fairly recently re-homed dog. (Maltese X Chihuahua.)
She had not been house trained when she arrived, and maybe I was wrong to believe that she was making great strides with her regular comfort breaks.

She gave me her best, ‘No, not me Guv!’ look, but could I really believe her?

Where could the source of that pong be? It seemed to have the ability to drift languidly from room to room. The last straw was when it appeared in the bedroom.
I emptied the linen basket, thinking that a slowly moldering flannel was lurking at the bottom, but nothing there.

Now. My dear OH can get from the bedroom to the loo, with a little support from me, using one of those triangular wheeled walkers.
You know; the ones with a waterproof bag in which he could keep small objects?

You’re ahead of me aren’t you?

The walker toppled over as my husband, ‘Sat On’ and two giant, slightly fossilized poos rolled out from the pocket, and onto the floor - leering at me.

It was all slightly biblical – remember Ruth’s stirring declaration to her Mother in Law: ‘Wither thou go-est, there go I also.’

Well, wither Mike’s walker went, there went the pong also.

It was Alimentary my dear Watson.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Just before Christmas day, I became aware of a very definite pong in the air.
Naturally, having checked the soles of my shoes, I looked accusingly at Lola, my fairly recently re-homed dog. (Maltese X Chihuahua.)
She had not been house trained when she arrived, and maybe I was wrong to believe that she was making great strides with her regular comfort breaks.

She gave me her best, ‘No, not me Guv!’ look, but could I really believe her?

Where could the source of that pong be? It seemed to have the ability to drift languidly from room to room. The last straw was when it appeared in the bedroom.
I emptied the linen basket, thinking that a slowly moldering flannel was lurking at the bottom, but nothing there.

Now. My dear OH can get from the bedroom to the loo, with a little support from me, using one of those triangular wheeled walkers.
You know; the ones with a waterproof bag in which he could keep small objects?

You’re ahead of me aren’t you?

The walker toppled over as my husband, ‘Sat On’ and two giant, slightly fossilized poos rolled out from the pocket, and onto the floor - leering at me.

It was all slightly biblical – remember Ruth’s stirring declaration to her Mother in Law: ‘Wither thou go-est, there go I also.’

Well, wither Mike’s walker went, there went the pong also.

It was Alimentary my dear Watson.

A sense of humour is definitely an asset in the wicked world of dementia.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Sorry, I laughed out loud:D Poor Lola must have breathed a sigh of relief when the truth (or should that be the poo) came out:D

Benrese

Apr 12, 2014
Lancashire
Haha! Well spotted!

You know what I've been thinking lately? Well...after giving birth to a son, and watching him go through his younger "toilet jokes and poo is funny" phase when he was from 5-12 years old-I've come to a conclusion. Poo gets funny again in our later years! So, it DOES come back round! :D

Trisha4

Jan 16, 2014
Yorkshire
Thank you Eleanora for turning your situation into a tale we could all smile at. As someone said, a sense of humour is really beneficial.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Ewww, as they say in the movies! Glad you were able to suss that out, Eleanora. That would have driven me right up the wall.

Can the bag be removed and chucked in the washing machine?

Oxy

Jul 19, 2014
So funny to read and written so engagingly but poor you! Sometimes a lack of sense of smell would be useful if on command!