Yet ANOTHER fall, and in hospital and poorly

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Scarlett & Teanosugar: Just jumped on to help hold your hands. Shocking news, Teanosugar. Scarlett, what can I say that wouldn't sound trite?

Sending love and support along with everyone else.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Scarlett my love. What can I say to help? No words are adequate I'm afraid. That look of terror-I know it well from when Pete has had those moments. To me that was more disturbing than his present mainly sleeping condition.

You are strong Scarlett. You are there for John and, although you say there is no recognition, John may feel your presence and get comfort from that.

Holding your hand through this Scarlett. I wish you a better day today.

Love,

Lyn T

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry that you and John are facing this most difficult of times. Wishing you and your family strength. x

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Oh, scarlet, only just got online and read your post. How much are you both expected to bear? I was crying when I read your post. It should be required reading for everyone who works with or takes decisions that affects patients.
((((((Hugs))))) and prayers.

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Scarlett I can hardly bear to read your posts-I cannot conceive how it must be for you.
I salute you for everything you are and do, for John and for us here

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Thinking of you scarlett, so sorry you are having such a difficult time much love ♥♥♥

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Talking Point mobile app

Rathbone

May 17, 2014
West Sussex
Just back, and still holding you up Scarlet, with all the others. Let our love sustain you. Holding you and Pete in the Light. X Love always. Shelagh:)

lilysmybabypup

May 21, 2012
Sydney, Australia
What a heartache for you, the pain and sorrow in your words is tangible. What a terrible thief this condition is. It robs whole families, and I don't know how awful it is when it's a spouse. I lost my dad in every way long before he passed, his grandchildren and great grandchildren were robbed of the most kind and loving man in their lives. It must be even more devastating for you, all the hopes and plans you had for the future together have been dashed. I'm not really being a comfort, am I? But I really want to acknowledge what you're going through. We all have ideas of what our future looks like growing old together, enjoying retirement or all the little things as a couple, and suddenly everything is gone, except for this poor shell or shadow. Scarlett, I hope you have other joys in your life to help soften this sadness and don't forget that, while you miss having your man by your side you allow yourself to step into all the other good things around you.

Stephanie, xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
T When he does open his eyes, there is absolute terror in them. . :(

I`ve come here late Scarlett but the above statement stopped me in my tracks. I know your husband is on medication but I just want to check he is on sufficient pain relief. That look of terror is one I witnessed in Dhiren just before the syringe driver was put in place.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Scarllett, I'm so sorry to read about John's terror. With my Mum, well her eyes are numb. I hate this long slow parting. :( I seem to have said goodbye to her so many times already.

Eleonora

Dec 21, 2012
Abingdon Oxfordshire
Scarlet, dear girl - all the cliche's are available, but they mean nothing.
Sending you and your John much love,and hugs. Your strength is legendary,
You are such a fighter for John, and I pray that today will be better for you both.
Hugs, Leonora