Boots' bed pad - which way up?

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
I have two waterproof bed pads bought from Boots' about 4 years ago.
They are sort of quilted, one side is light blue, the other darker blue.
Does anyone know which side should face up on the bed, please?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello sleepless

Is there a label on them? If so I would say label side down. Otherwise, can you tell by the feel of them? If not , because both sides are quilted, they might be reversible.

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
Thanks for replying, Sylvia. There is a label on the darker blue side, and on this side the fabric is sort of shiny (but not plastic or rubbery). The light blue side is a nylon-type fabric.
I bought them to use on my dad's bed (he moved into a care home) but now want to put one on the floor at the side of our bed to protect the carpet, as my husband now has occasional accidents.
I seem to remember that there was no indication on the packaging of which way up to use them, and I wondered if anyone here on TP had used the same product.
I'll go with dark side down.
Thanks, sleepless.

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
Thanks, Izzy. I did look for it on the website, but didn't see this. The ones I have don't have flaps for tucking under the mattres, but otherwise it looks the same light blue, so they must go light side up as in the picture.
I have bought a washable rug with a waterproof backing, but I think it would be a bit of a job washing and drying it, so I want to just pop one of these pads onto it at night time.
Thanks again, sleepless.

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Hi.
I assume the slightly shiny side is the bottom
U could test it by pouring a little water on one and see if it comes through the other side .

jimbo 111

Jan 23, 2009
North Bucks
Thanks for replying, Sylvia. There is a label on the darker blue side, and on this side the fabric is sort of shiny (but not plastic or rubbery). The light blue side is a nylon-type fabric.
I bought them to use on my dad's bed (he moved into a care home) but now want to put one on the floor at the side of our bed to protect the carpet, as my husband now has occasional accidents.
I seem to remember that there was no indication on the packaging of which way up to use them, and I wondered if anyone here on TP had used the same product.
I'll go with dark side down.
Thanks, sleepless.

Have you thought about putting a square of 'cushion floor' on the carpet
My wife was prone to 'accidents ' and I found that this could be easily cleaned
Most carpet stores sell offcuts of cushion floor that are not very expensive
jimbo

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Make sure the bed pad doesn't slip around or can be tripped over if put on the floor,

Sorry just talking from experience,

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
Thanks lin, jimbo and jeany.
Our floors are not level enough (very old house) for the cushionfloor, jimbo, any liquid would run off under the bed! but thanks.

Eleonora

Dec 21, 2012
Abingdon Oxfordshire
Hi - I have been using T***A bed pads, (which seem very similar) for some time. The quilted side goes on top, and the shiny side below.They have survived various accidents, and held back the tide when coffee or worse has been spilled on them.