Care options - 24/7 at home and CHC? need some advice

mcflod

Oct 17, 2012
Hi

Im just after some advice. Mum wont be too long and needing to go into care. We are currently awaiting carers coming in but everything taking ages. Last night i was just reading through posts on here and came across a couple of things that i knew nothing of. this seems to be the way it has been with me i only found out things by sheer fluke that they are available.

I read on a post last night about Continuing health care but i know nothing about this and its never been mentioned and same with someone getting 24/7 care at home. Can anyone out there elaborate a bit more on this for me please? Ive googled and read a few bits but someones experiences will help me to understand it more and see if any of it is an option for my mum.

thank you for you help

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
CHC funding- Ask your district nursing team for an assessment.

~it has to be awarded, and it isn't easy to get, so dig your heels in.

Its unusual for it to be granted on dementia alone - my mother had an inoperable heart condition, and we were able to secure the funding.
Yes she was also partially sighted, diabetic and diagnosed vas dementia, but it wasn't until the heart prob was identified that we stood any chance at all.

mcflod

Oct 17, 2012
CHC funding- Ask your district nursing team for an assessment.

~it has to be awarded, and it isn't easy to get, so dig your heels in.

Its unusual for it to be granted on dementia alone - my mother had an inoperable heart condition, are we were able to secure the funding.
Yes she was also partially sighted, diabetic and diagnosed vas dementia, but it wasn't until the heart prob was identified that we stood ant chance at all.

Thank you Jess

My mum is fit and healthy apart from her alzheimers. Am i correct in saying then that it tends to be for people that are needing nursing care as opposed to just dementia? What exactly is it as well Is it funding that covers the cost of care ?