Hello, I’m new!

Trisha 54

Oct 7, 2023
Hi, I’m new to this group and never been in a chat room before. My father was diagnosed with mixed dementia in January this year and since then I’ve had a lot to learn. He’s 93 and I am an only child, 69 myself but fit and healthy thankfully. I have so many queries about what we are going through and I’m hoping to learn more from this group. The one thing I’ve realised by reading what people go through is that each persons dementia is totally unique to them and our circumstances are shared but very varied. I hope to learn from you all.

CAL Y

Jul 17, 2021
Hello @Trisha 54 . I’m sorry to hear about your Father. I’m sure that you will learn plenty from this very supportive group and I’m sure someone else will be along soon to welcome you.

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
Welcome to Dementia Support Forum @Trisha 54. I am sorry to hear of your father's diagnosis but glad that you have found your way here.

You are absolutely right, not one person's experience of dementia is the same as another's - but there is lots of common ground that we share.

What I loved about this forum during my caring years was that, no matter what we were experiencing, there was always someone who understood.

Have a look around and, when you are ready, perhaps start a thread in the I care for a person with dementia area.

You are amongst friends and we are all here to help 🙂

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phylax-sam