+ Post a comment
Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64
    Not sure how to explain how I feel........sad that a life has ended in this way...... relieved that the suffering is over for both of them now and they are hopefully together again.......... inspired by their love of each other and their fight with both life and death.
    Sad that their story has ended and the book is now closed.......but a one that will stay in my memory for a long long time.

I can't think of Lionel as a seperate person, I think of him as one half of Connie.
    I hope they are both at peace now......and if there is such a thing as God, then i hope he's holding them both tight, because it's the least they deserve and the very least he owes them.

Alex x
    Enjoy when you can and endure when you must!

The circle is completed.

I was reading an old thread the other day on which Connie had posted several responses. There she was in the photograph avatar, there she was in what she had written. And thanks to the video she had made, you could put a voice to her words and hear her speaking them.

So no longer physically here, but still in the virtual world of TP.

My condolences to Lionel's family x

Another chapter sadly closes.

Both Connie and Lionel were Celebrities to me. Not the kind of quickly passing, studio created Celebrities to be seen on certain TV programmes but the kind that earned Celebrity status through years of devotion and dedication to each other.

The kind that gently touched the lives of so many that knew them. The kind that earned the respect of others through genuine concern, kindness, good sense, humour and love.

I shall remember them both with affection and am sure they will be granted the peace now that they deserve.

gone but not forgotten

Like others have said I often wondered what happened to Lionel after Connie's passing. I guess the carer predeceasing the cared for is quite common and unfortunately does mean an end to communications. We feel we "knew" Lionel through the video clips and Connie's postings and so mourn both here and in the world we each live in.

As a couple they became so real to us all and so we must mourn Lionel's passing also.

Sue.
    It is in letting go the past we come into the present and can plan for the future.

Blog Entries
    Thank you Lynne, please pass my condolences to the family.
    The journey is now over for Lionel, and he can rest.
    Connie & Lionel, as has been said, a wonderful couple.

Lots of love, Necion. xx
    Life is short, even at it's longest.
    Can't remember where I heard that, but very true.

Thank you so much for letting us know about Lionel. As other have already said Connie's journey through his illness helped so many of us here on TP. I'm sure she would have wanted us to know the sad news. I miss Connie's kindness and understanding so much.

xxTinaT
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for everything....

Connie & Lionel

I am heartbroken to hear not only of Lionel's passing but also Connie. She was always an inspiration to me when I joined after my husband was diagnosed with Alzheimers nearly 10 years ago. I have wondered so many times how they both were, each time I leave the nursing home heartbroken. Connie was my pillar of strength.
    May their dear souls rest in peace.

Blog Entries
    I missed this sad news when Lynne first posted it, but she kindly let me know later. Today I will be thinking of Connie and the laughs we had and the brightness she brought to every occasion, and of course Connie and Lionel together and the tender care she gave him as long as it was physically possible for her.

I will also be thinking of everyone on TP who is still travelling this sad road.
    Bruce

I'm still a Carer.

"I don't suppose I'll see you much more. We had lovely times. I love you very much." Jan's words, October 2000

"You'll take care of my daughter, won't you?" an ailing mother's words, 2013

"I always thought you were thick" an ailing mother's words to me, 2013. How right you are….