Thread: Poo Problems !!

Poo Problems !!

Hi ITs been a while since I have posted .(or we ..my sister has now moved in to help which is a godsend !. We have generally been coping ok ...we have recently been having quite a few mornings where there is poo all around the house in every nook and cranny . Recently we started using lady Inco pants which defo help in the day time etc but god only knows what she gets up to at night she seems to scoop it out of her Pants and deposit it in various recepticals around the house !!! much to the dogs Joy !!!! very handy though for the more obscure hiding places !!) I am gonna go to the doctor and ask for a mild sedative at night so she is not wandering about and so if she does go in the night at least she has her "Nappies" on and it wont be painted around the house . Does anyone have any thoughts on this ....obviousely she is completely oblivious of what she is doing.....It just would be god to contain it in one room !! Last time i found it all over my desk and work etc HELP !!!

Hi Novation,
    Oh dear, I haven't got anything except a LOT of sympathy! I think you're going the right way in asking the doctor for a mild sedative. Remember that this will only be a phase and, with a little luck, a short one. Fingers crossed for you.
    Joanne
    Carer and Volunteer Moderator
    When you've seen one person with Alzheimer's, you've seen one person with Alzheimer's

Oh no how ghastly and on your work too
    cant make any constructive comments but lots of support
    Sarah
    The person who can laugh at themselves will never cease to be amused

Hi Novation,

We went through the same with mum, anywhere and everywhere but the toilet, we found it in the strangest of places too, once in the fruit basket and again wrapped up in the dish cloth on the kitchen sink, needless to say, I washed up the pots with it!!
    It didn't matter what underwear, nappies she was wearing she would pull them off and poo whilst pacing the floor.
    Like Joanne said it was a phase, lasted 3 months, we just encouraged mum to spend more time sitting on the loo and commode.

Alicejude xx

What a terrible problem and v unfortunate as I heard most people are less likely to have bowel movements during the night. Is it possible to lock some or all rooms up so she doesn't have access to the whole house. Good idea to see if there's something that might help her to sleep better although know sleeping pills don't work for everyone. Otherwise I can only suggest getting a sensor to alert you when she gets out of bed but that's at a cost to your sleep. Really hope you find an effective solution, we've also had our share of 'toilet' mess but thank goodness it always happened during the day and it just landed so to speak rather than being smeared in random places.
    Last edited by Pheath; 30-04-2012 at 08:23 PM.

Blog Entries

Exclamation

http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/showt...zing-sleepsuit.
    Hello I am not sure if the above link to a thread on here about a sleepsuit will be of any help or not .
    It is apparently designed so that the wearer cant easily get to inco pads
    I really feel 4you we did have a few probs with poo with mum butt nothing like your facing
    Lin

Daughter and former carer

If only I could have Hindsight beforehand, oh what a difference it would make .

Odd words,mis-spelling and punctuation are most likely due to my clever phone, it seems to have its own ideas about what I am trying to say, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it lol

Blog Entries
    Novation - you have my admiration and total sympathy!! You seem to be coping with a really difficult situation with as good a grace as you can muster - and it's really not easy. We had something similar but not quite so "varied"! - It does pass - the others are quite right. My MIL is in her granny flat which is linked to our house. We opted not to go with a sedative simply because she had already fallen, and we were worried that were she to get up to the loo, or for any other reason during the night, sedation might make her more prone to trip and/or fall. But trying to clean everywhere constantly was impossible, so we did instal a deadbolt lock at the top of the door to the main kitchen and to the downstairs loo (she has her own bathroom next to her bedroom) because there are too many things that are risky for her without a little help and supervision. She rattles the doorknob but cannot get in and then returns to her bedroom. I was worried that it would distress her - but it doesn't seem to. She just accepts that sometimes this door is open and sometimes it's closed.

I appreciate that you don't really want to have locks all over your house, but I wonder if it might help curtail some of the wandering (and certainly protect your work!), without causing distress.

PS Screwfix sell 2 deadbolt locks for around 5 though you can find better models elsewhere.

Blog Entries
    I have no advice to offer but just to say how sorry I am for this to happen.

My FIL used to smear it around the walls in the bedroom - however he is past that now.

Best Wishes and I hope you get something sorted

Wink

Hope you get the help your looking for.
    I might bump into you in the disinfectant isle, where I often spend a long time deciding on which fragrance to buy.
    Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
    it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

I am going through the same stage with my mum too!! Spent the weekend with her and the one time i didn't go with her to the toilet, yes you guessed it!! It took me an hour to clean the bathroom and her. I am sure she planned it . She too seemed to have scooped it out of her knickers and deposited it everywhere but the one place she should of deposited it. As some of you have said i really hope it is a phase that passes. I really feel for you as it happening in the night really is a nightmare for you.

Busybee xx

My dad used to scoop it out his trousers and launch it through the air like a missile, not pleasant if he was on target!! It has also been known to find it in the fridge, bread bin, cutlery drawer, under his pillow, inside shoes the list is endless, never ever once have i found it in the bathroom.

Thanks for your great advice...I have actualy done the lock thing and it does seem to be working....As you say to start I can hear her trying to open the door but soon goes back to bed and I am pleased to say We havent had any more "deposits" apart from in the pants .....Thankyou INCO PANTS !!!And Thank-you for you all your posts ....most helpfull

glad it is on the way to being solved...I can imagine the horror of this..your dog is recieving some in house sniffer training he enjoys then!! is he rewarded for a find???