+ Post a comment
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Deadline for claiming back care home fees

Ive heard that the government is blocking the claiming of care home fees from 2004 to 2012 unless the claim is made by September 2012.
    If you intend to claim, you need to do it in the next few months or lose the chance.
    piedwarbler

Prayer of the Breton fishermen: “Dear God, be good to me. The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.”

Good post. I've already done this retrospectively for 2004-2011 - a lot of work to do me thinks !!

Maybe this article will also help on this issue

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/bil...-deadline.html

Helen
    Sunshine.. love and hugs
    Helen

Never take your eye off the ball, it may
    just smack you in the mouth.

Thanks Helen!
    piedwarbler

Prayer of the Breton fishermen: “Dear God, be good to me. The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.”

I posted this a couple of weeks ago.

http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/showt...-NHS-care-fees

This important info is so quickly buried beneath other posts, that it is quickly lost.

Could it not be made a sticky.????
    Last edited by geum123; 04-05-2012 at 10:48 AM. Reason: spelling error

was going to start a new thread till I saw this one. Can you do it yourself-or do you need to have to go through a solicitor.

My relative hasn't been assessed as having continuing health care-she can feed herself and can just about manage to go to toilet and dress herself-maybe she needs a little help from the staff-but one thing we all know she is not going to get better.

How bad does the relative have to be. It was SS who put her in the home-no way would they let her go back to her own home after she had a fall-and my relative was desperately unhappy.

3 years down the line she still asks to go home and still cries when he turn up.

I have some documentation from when she was assessed in hospital to say that she has alzheimers

Dottyd - I think this question might be better placed in a new thread. This thread is really just a heads up to indicate that if you are claiming CHC retrospectively there are deadlines invovled, whereas you are asking how to apply for CHC for someone who is still in need of care.
    Jennifer

Volunteer moderator and former long distance carer.

“A test of a people is how it behaves toward the old. It is easy to love children. Even tyrants and dictators make a point of being fond of children. But the affection and care for the old, the incurable, the helpless are the true gold mines of a culture.”

Abraham J. Heschel

HI Dotty, you can do it yourself, or you can emply on solicitor on a contingency fee basis. If you PM me I will tell you what I have done. x
    piedwarbler

Can someone explain what this is about?
    How do you claim fees back? Who is eligible?

Unhappy Oldbrian

How do i clame when my dads just got into a home any one know how ta

Quote Originally Posted by piedwarbler View Post
    hi dotty, you can do it yourself, or you can emply on solicitor on a contingency fee basis. If you pm me i will tell you what i have done. X
    hi oldbrian here can you let me know how

Volunteer Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Hi Brian and welcome to Talking Point.

To claim for a person who needs care now have a look at this link on When does the NHS pay for care?
    Sue

Former carer and Volunteer Moderator

About me

Not to put anyone off going a Solicitor route - but - we did this in 2007 but they dropped our case a couple of months ago because the Health Ombudsman ruled in the Strategic Health Authorities favour. I'm still going to appeal myself though. It maybe an idea that if you do want to go the Solicitors way then ask them at what point they usually give up and close a case? - after the Health Ombudsman decision etc. It also appears that they have lost all my Mum's papers !! So we are up the creek without a paddle at the moment.

The link dosnt appear to be working.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmergirl View Post
    The link dosnt appear to be working.
    is it this link you want
    http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/sc...documentID=399
    You Never Know How Strong You Are Until Being Strong Is the Only Choice You Have,