Mum won't sleep!!

Hi everyone and a very early good morning!!!
    Just spent the first night on my own with my mum. My dad is mums full time carer and had to go into hospital yesterday for a minor operation and a one night stay. The whole day went very well until bedtime! I had tried to explain to mum that dad was away tonight and that i will be in the next bedroom so she would not be on her own.
    Well she went off to sleep after lots and lots of questions for about 2 hours and then has been up and out of bed wandering really since then (went to bed at 10.30!!). I tried sleeping with her, chatting in bed, and eventually the birds starting singing and i suggested getting up and having a nice cup of tea which she gladly agreed with. Bless her!

Well i think we both will sleep well tonight!! As i lay in bed trying to get mum to sleep at 2 this morning it reminded me of when i had my last child 14 years ago when nights like this were very common but like all mums we forget them quickly! Not so sure i will forget this one so quickly.

Have a lovely weekend all of you.

A very sleepy Busybee

xx

Good morning Busybee, sorry you didn't get much sleep, I hope this is a one off and that you both have a good nights sleep tonight when your dads home , it is like the sleepless nights when you have a new baby isn't it .

Jeany x
    You Never Know How Strong You Are Until Being Strong Is the Only Choice You Have,

Volunteer Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Oh dear. Sorry you had such a hard night. My mum used to do that but then she'd sleep all day andI had to go to work. Hope she sleeps well tonight.
    Last edited by Izzy; 28-04-2012 at 06:54 AM.
    Izzy
    Carer and Volunteer Moderator

ABOUT ME.

'The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life.'
    Robert Louis Stevenson