Just registered today

Mum just diagnosed and waiting to start meds, just registered because been a bad day today and I think I'm going to need some support so will post again in more detail and ask for some specific suggestions for helping when I feel stronger about reaching this point of having to join a forum.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to Talking Point. I am sorry you find yourself here but if you have a fraction of the help that I have had since I joined you will be pleased to be here. Keep posting.

Hallo Number3daughter

Sorry you've reached this point - I too reached it in December last year and joined in desperation. You'll find it really helps to post on here and air your problems, get advice, share experiences, etc. You learn a lot from other people and don't feel so alone with the terrible burden that is dementia.

Best wishes and hope to hear from you again soon.
    Nita

I echo Butter's comments.

TP has been a life saver for me and my OH.
    Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value" Albert Einstein

Blog Entries

Hello & Welcome !

Hello Number3daughter & am sure you will find T P as helpful & supportive as i have done ! & for mr T P is FAB ! ( even tho am not the main Carer ) Dad has mild / moderate Dementia & live near Mum & Dad ..... have found T P useful !

Take Care & look forward to seeing you on T P

Love Grove x
    Where there is injury,pardon;
    Where there is dicord,union;
    Where there is doubt, faith;
    Where there is despair; hope;
    Where there is darkness,light;
    Where there is sadness,joy;

ST Francis Of Assisi

Volunteer Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Hello Number3daughter and welcome to TP from me too.

I look forward to seeing you around and feel sure you will get much support and advice here. You can learn alot by just browsing through the Forums but please ask questions or let us know how things are whenever you feel ready.

Best wishes
    Jan
    Former Carer and Volunteer Moderator

'Hope is a lover's staff, walk hence with that and manage it against despairing thoughts' (Shakespeare)

About me

Blog Entries
    Welcome and come visit any time always someone around to give advice and backup

Quote Originally Posted by Number3daughter View Post
    Mum just diagnosed and waiting to start meds, just registered because been a bad day today and I think I'm going to need some support so will post again in more detail and ask for some specific suggestions for helping when I feel stronger about reaching this point of having to join a forum.
    hi there,

You actually feel emotionally stronger after you have joined in the forums as its full of people all experiencing the same things as you are and its "cleansing" to help others deal with their problems whilst simultaneously others are helping you find solutions to yours....there is nothing quite like it. Everyone needs support through such a long and weary journey as this one we travel on, and its of great support to you night and day, nights frequently being worse than the days for many people. There are no set "opening hours" on here, people may help eachother ANY time...including weekends and Bank Holidays and odd times when doctors surgeries and friends and family may not be available to talk to (about the deep, intense feelings we all talk about on here). Hope tomorrow brings you a better day

Hello Number 3 daughter,
    I understand why you say you find it difficult in that you have reached the point of joining a forum but what you will find here is a wealth of knowledge from other people's experience as well as support from others in a similar situation. So well done. In order to face up to the "dementia monster" it is good to be armed with as much information as you can get. This not only will equip you to face any difficulties that may come your way with tips from others and how they have coped but also as well as the things that are lost to this illness you will find yourself amazed as I do with how much there still is that can be achieved by people who have dementia. I find myself full of admiration for the TPers who have a diagnosis of dementia and have such fulfilling lives and are thinking so much of others rather than themselves.
    I have found in my area that there are things available that do help but in this time of cutbacks it seems that often if you are not aware of your entitlements it is a don't ask don't get culture.
    I remember my mum used to quote an old adage to me " take firm hold of the nettle". This means to me do not shy away from something because it might hurt you.
    With all good wishes ,
    Tre

hi and welcome from me. I agree with all of the previous postings and must say that coming on here has been a life saver for me. Come back whenever you need us.

Jude