Blog Entries

dads really breaking my heart x

i wrote on here a few months ago as dad was in denial, he still thinks everyone else moves things, he has been for a brain scan now and as a follow up appointment next wednesday, which i like might to had am dreading, you see dads situation as got quite bad now, we now have carerers in for him as he as completly forgot how to use the cooker and never showers, the careers are now sorting this out, dad has started doing thing so out the ordinary it worrying. he moves everything from clothes, gloves which he seams to have a thing about, his glasses, his wallet i found a pint glass today in the tea towel draw, wash basket in the front room, mums clothes upstairs, he puts his work clothes on, he is 83. he has even tried to put gloves on his feet, all of this heartbreaking to watch, im the yougest of 4 and have always been daddys girl, its a very cruel way of ending up in your life, but i love my dad no mater what xx

Volunteer Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Hi Pop,

It is heartbreaking to watch your dad struggle with the simplest things when you've always looked up to him. It was for me.

It's good that you have carers in to help. I hope that you will get more help once you've had that follow up appointment.
    Sue

Former carer and Volunteer Moderator

About me

Just wanted to say, yes it is very difficult watching someone you have loved and lookup to as a parent lose more and more through dementia. Everyone struggles with it in their own way, and it is not easy.

Best wishes to you, and I hope there are good days when you can enjoy being with your dad as well as the difficult one.

That all sounds familiar, unfortunately it's something we have to accept with dementia, it's really good that carers are looking after his needs though. Love Pauline x

Pauline

It does sound familiar. Mum would bring milk in but not know where to put it. She would get say a box of fish out of freezer , take one out, and put rest in a cupboard. Its so hard, I do feel for you

hi pop

have to agree sadly this is dare i say it normal you need chose a few objects to give to him
    to play with like a wallet with firegn coinss notes puts things in takes things or a letter addressed to you i find a good ploy so holds onto that and can only lose that focus for the confusiion

Blog Entries
    thanx to you all that have replied to me, it gives me a little comfort to know that other people know how you feel because somedays i feel so alone, although i have alot of support from my husband and my sister, but i also have to help mum to, she is chair bound, has kidney failure so has to have diaylisis 3 times a week, leaving dad on his own for alot of the time, she isnt dealing with dad at all, as he questions her all the time when shes been to diaylisis, he actually rings me several times a day asking were she is and when she gets home, he shouts and moans at her till the careers come to put her to bed, just dont know which way to turn some days xx

Blog Entries

update on dad and frustrated on results on brain scan

dad went for his results of his brain scan and the only problem they could find was that some brain cells had been destroyed from they dont know what,,,,, we asked for second oppion but that came back the same, but asked us if we would like dad admiting into hospital to run some more tests, as anyone had this before because it has totally puzzeled me. i have now asked dads own doctor to get involved to see if he can come up with a better solution as there is obviously something that is still destroying his brain cells we are all so frustrated by all of this and feel like thats it, cant do nothing for dad and wont