Thread: Good Care Guide

Blog Entries

Good Care Guide

Just read in a womans magazine about a new website: www.goodcareguide.co.uk which offers a database of some 60,000 care providers,including homes and home care agencies. You can give ratings too.

Checked the agency I use for my mother and it also contained the latest CQC Report - all fine which is nice to know!

May help anyone looking for more information.
    Last edited by SWMBO1950; 15-04-2012 at 12:09 AM.

Thanks SWMBO1950, we must read the same magazine. I hope this will soon be extended to cover Wales as mum is in a care home in Cardiff.

turbo

Seems like it's in it's early stages (checked a few I know and no reviews on any of them yet) but it could become very useful,though any negative comments could very easily be taken off so would advice it's only used as a backup tool

Always do your own checks

The care home Allen goes to 2 days a week has no ratings yet

Thank you for showing us, it will be useful in the future

I checked local to me and nothing rated yet but At least it provides a better and more comprehensive lst than the booklet I was given by the CPN so that is useful
    Tre

Thanks for this. It is on my "to do" list to visit care homes in my mum's area so that we can start to plan for the future. This will be an excellent starting point and, as other have mentioned, better again once the reviews start to get posted.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Yes it is a new site and although some dont have ratings yet the CQC report is attached.

Thank you for this information. My Mum's care home is listed and I have just been able to read the recent inspection report and compliance doc.

Anything that helps people when they are distressed and having to make a choice of care home is a good thing!