Finally got a lifeline bracelet

Hello Talking Point,

I am pleased to say that i finally have a lifeline bracelet which at the push of a button will bring help immediately at any time of the day or night.

Obviously my accident in the garden motivated me to get it done, and now i have peace of mind knowing help is just literally around the corner if i ever need it.

I am reading through all of your stories on here and i hope and pray each and every situation gets resolved. Take care all of you

Lillian xx

Quote Originally Posted by lillianjones View Post
    Hello Talking Point,

I am pleased to say that i finally have a lifeline bracelet which at the push of a button will bring help immediately at any time of the day or night.

Obviously my accident in the garden motivated me to get it done, and now i have peace of mind knowing help is just literally around the corner if i ever need it.

I am reading through all of your stories on here and i hope and pray each and every situation gets resolved. Take care all of you

Lillian xx
    Hi Lillian

What a sensible lady you are. Sorry to hear about your fall and hope you're recovered it can shake you up a lot.

It's really good you've got your lifeline bracelet as it gives you peace of mind and also all those that care about you too, knowing that you can get help if you need it.

Thanks for your care too
    Love
    Sue

I had something similar when my husband was at home, for myself really, for if I was ill he wouldn`t have known how to get help.

Now he is in a home I have kept it and cannot stress enough how everyone who lives alone should consider one.

A couple of months ago I had severe vertigo. I didn`t use the lifeline but I was so comforted to know it was there.

Well done Lilian. Sometimes these accidents are a warning of what could be and you have taken note.

Sylvia

Former Carer and Volunteer Moderator .

I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet

About me

Thank you for reminding us all that there are ways to solve problems. Sorry to read about your fall, hope you did not hurt yourself. It is easy to fall over something in the garden and I think you are very wise to take action.

All the best

Blog Entries
    That's a really good idea Lillian, I hope you are feeling better after your fall and it doesn't put you off gardening! Take care xxx
    "All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
    ― Julian of Norwich

Lancs (Mother's house) and W. Yorks (home - occasionally)
    They're a great idea, and I hope that you never have to use it in earnest! Mother has had one for ages (as a pendant, which we drape round her neck like an Olympic medal before going out of the house), and has never yet used it, but it's a huge relief to know she's got it.

Similarly my aunt who lived alone and had no dementia but was getting a bit shaky had one and in particular always took it into the bathroom to be within grabbing distance of the bath in case of an emergency. Dangerous places, bathrooms - hard surfaces to hit, slippery, and baths to get stuck in. (Husband's godmother collapsed in her bath one Saturday night and was only found by the people who called to give her a lift to church Sun morning and who got the police to break in when she didn't answer the door! She made a good recovery in hospital ... till a chest infection took her away.)

So well done for getting your lifeline button, and here's hoping you never need it!