Moving dad again

My dad has recently been moved to a new carehome, as the wicked step sister not getting on with the home staff for made up reasons on her behalf she just wanted him further away from me. He was rushed into this home over a weekend, he will have to be moved again as this home will not cater for his needs as he progresses further with his dementia but the other home did. Has anyone got any ideas if it would be better to move him now before he gets worse or wait till he needs to be moved.

Volunteer Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Hi mistypop,

From what you say the new home can meet your dad's needs now, but may not be able to meet his needs if and when his dementia progresses. Can I ask why not? Is it not a dementia registered home? Have the home specifically told you that they won't be able to accommodate him long term?

Sorry for all the questions, but if you are happy with the home, and there is only a possibility your dad may need to move in the future, I would see how things work out before moving him, again.
    Sue

Former carer and Volunteer Moderator

About me

What a lot you have on your plate Misty. Seems like your stepsister isn't seeing the bigger picture here. She 's thinking only of herself and not the most important person here, your father. I'm sure that moving a person with dementia is an upsetting experience for the sufferer. Surely as his own daughter, your NOK ? and stepsister should come a tad lower down the scale?. Have a word with the SW assigned to your dad, explain the situation between you and the evil one and that she's using your father as a pawn in her silly games. If your father has a good social worker (hard to find I know) he/she will only have your fathers best interests at heart and should be able to overrule your witch of a stepsister.

Hi the sw informed me on Thursday that my dad will have to be moved again as the home doesn't cater for his dementia as he worsen as he is becoming aggressive with personal care. The sw is not the best it took 11 weeks to get a best of interest meeting to trying and sort the situation out with the evil one who claims she is his real daughter which needs to be proven.