+ Post a comment
    Blog Entries

The hemispheres of the brain

Today on Facebook, a friend introduced me (via website links) to the psychiatrist Iain McGilchrist.

I wanted to share his amazing animated talk about the structure of the brain - with due accreditation to the RSA. Iain McGilchrist concludes his lecture by stating that the intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. Do take a look. I thought it might help some of TP's members - it has helped me to gain more insight.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=dFs9WO2B8uI
    Last edited by Jancis; 08-04-2012 at 10:22 PM. Reason: clarity
    "The best of life is further on, hidden from our eye beyond the hills of time" - Sir William Mulock.

This was really interesting. Thanks for posting.

Blog Entries

Mysteries of the hemispheres and hope

I've watched this YouTube link half a dozen times now - I find I only take in small parts of it. Each and every time I watch I think I understand more. It seems to me that the hemispheres of the brain are still a mystery and who knows..... maybe the left or right can somehow transfer power to eachother. There's so much we don't understand. That gives me hope for the future.

xxx
    "The best of life is further on, hidden from our eye beyond the hills of time" - Sir William Mulock.