+ Post a comment

Personal budgets

Does anyone have any experience of personal budgets and how they affect or are affected by benefits? Thank you

Blog Entries
    Hi Sue

Can you enhance what you mean with a bit more detail please? Your enquiry is a bit vague (well it is to me) Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sue J View Post
    Does anyone have any experience of personal budgets and how they affect or are affected by benefits? Thank you

I have great difficulty dealing with my personal affairs and am in receipt of benefits withe the help of CAB. I have just discovered, that I was assessed as in need of care and given a PB, I have only just found out - it was 6 months ago. I was told before that even if I had a PB I would still have to pay for any care - I am under the limit for savings. I would struggle to pay for care from my benefits but would if only they would help me organise that. Dont know if this makes it clearer

Sounds like it could be something to do with the link below. Don't fully understand it myself, but I know our LA have introduced personal care budgets. If the link below doesn't help, if you go online to your LA website and lookup adult care or adult services am sure you will find a leaflet that explains it.

http://www.dh.gov.uk/health/category...sonal-budgets/

sorry can't offer a better explanation, but hopefully, someone with a personal budget will read this and help further.

EDITED THIS POST: to add the link below which is my LA page of leaflets

http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=1057
    Last edited by hollycat; 05-04-2012 at 06:46 PM.
    Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value" Albert Einstein

Thank you Hollycat