+ Post a comment
    Blog Entries

Article in the Dail Mail today by Arlene Phillips

Arlene Phillips has written about her dad today in the mail - he was an AD sufferer.

I wont come as a surprise to anyone here that some of what she wrote is distressing regarding his treatment in a care home (appreciate not all like that) but he did eventully live to the end of his days in a very nice care home with compassionate staff.

There is a long way to go but staff training is essential.

This article was moving and truthful. She describes the best and the worst in our society with such clarity. It must have taken her back to a distressing time which she bravely related and I thank her so much for writing it and also when having access to the prime minister (if only for a brief period) in asking him the question how do we as a society ensure compassionate treatment of our elderly and vulnerable.

xxTinaT
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for everything....

Volunteer Moderator
    Blog Entries
    What an excellent article.
    Izzy
    Carer and Volunteer Moderator

ABOUT ME.

'The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life.'
    Robert Louis Stevenson

Quote Originally Posted by SWMBO1950 View Post
    Arlene Phillips has written about her dad today in the mail - he was an AD sufferer.

I wont come as a surprise to anyone here that some of what she wrote is distressing regarding his treatment in a care home (appreciate not all like that) but he did eventully live to the end of his days in a very nice care home with compassionate staff.

There is a long way to go but staff training is essential.
    Thank you for telling us about the article. I would have missed it as I don't read that paper normally.

Thanks for posting the actual link nitram. I recommend everyone to read it & have shared it on Facebook as well to spread the word.

Like TinaT I found the article very moving especially as it is so close to my own experiences with Mum & my grandmother.

Mo
    x