Question Getting Drunk...

Has anyone here who is a carer who has went on a night out just felt "You know what,i'm getting a bit drunk tonight, to hell with it"

I personally think that there is nothing wring with getting drunk to a certain point where"you know where you are" in case you get a phone call...

My hangover is horrible

Anyone got thoughts/stories about this??.

Hi Worriedson,

We are all entitled to a bit of time off from caring for someone else. How we choose to spend that time is up to us - and we are only answerable to ourselves at the end of the day.

I know for myself that I used to often turn to a glass or two to help me unwind, or more if a crisis occurred. Then I hit a crisis where I had to have all my faculties together 24/7 to cope - and in my case also needed to be able to drive at a moment's notice. So it was farewell to the wineglass unless I knew I was in a truly "off duty" situation.

I'm not sure if you are posting because you feel guilty at allowing yourself time off, or feel bad at having had a few too many. We're not here to judge you or how you run your life - only you know what your parameters are. But we are all human!

I hope the hangover clears before too long... I always swear by that highly caffeinated sugary brown drink in a red can, a cooked breakfast and some ibuprofen!

Blog Entries
    everybody I know who has enjoyed a drink (myself included) has enjoyed a drink too many on occasion (myself included) ... I don't know anybody who has enjoyed a hangover, though ... I remember my mother giving my father a prairie oyster as a cure: one raw egg mixed with a good slug of worcester sauce ...

Blog Entries
    One of the reasons I drink very little - cannot stand the hangovers - chocolate works well though

Quote Originally Posted by Butter View Post
    everybody I know who has enjoyed a drink (myself included) has enjoyed a drink too many on occasion (myself included) ... I don't know anybody who has enjoyed a hangover, though ... I remember my mother giving my father a prairie oyster as a cure: one raw egg mixed with a good slug of worcester sauce ...
    Ewwww!!

Quote Originally Posted by nicoise View Post
    Hi Worriedson,

We are all entitled to a bit of time off from caring for someone else. How we choose to spend that time is up to us - and we are only answerable to ourselves at the end of the day.

I know for myself that I used to often turn to a glass or two to help me unwind, or more if a crisis occurred. Then I hit a crisis where I had to have all my faculties together 24/7 to cope - and in my case also needed to be able to drive at a moment's notice. So it was farewell to the wineglass unless I knew I was in a truly "off duty" situation.

I'm not sure if you are posting because you feel guilty at allowing yourself time off, or feel bad at having had a few too many. We're not here to judge you or how you run your life - only you know what your parameters are. But we are all human!

I hope the hangover clears before too long... I always swear by that highly caffeinated sugary brown drink in a red can, a cooked breakfast and some ibuprofen!
    It's not to do with guilt, just how "drunk" do YOU feel is ok for you to get on a night out if that's what you choose to do that's all, as i said as long as i "know where i am" instead of getting utterly out my head beyond belief then that's ok with me.

IF i was at a crisis as you said where you needed all faculties 24/7 to cope then of course common sense.i wouldnt drink.

Quote Originally Posted by worriedson1 View Post
    It's not to do with guilt, just how "drunk" do YOU feel is ok for you to get on a night out if that's what you choose to do that's all, as i said as long as i "know where i am" instead of getting utterly out my head beyond belief then that's ok with me.

IF i was at a crisis as you said where you needed all faculties 24/7 to cope then of course common sense.i wouldnt drink.
    Hi Worriedson

I'd get drunk on a packet of wine gums - so I think only YOU know the answer to that.

Hope you're feeling better
    Best wishes
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Sue J View Post
    Hi Worriedson

I'd get drunk on a packet of wine gums - so I think only YOU know the answer to that.

Hope you're feeling better
    Best wishes
    Sue
    Thanks! hangover still present! it's the kind where there is a throbbing at the temple arrgh!.

Anyone recommend hair of the dog as a hangover cure?!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_of_the_dog

Quote Originally Posted by worriedson1 View Post
    Thanks! hangover still present! it's the kind where there is a throbbing at the temple arrgh!.

Anyone recommend hair of the dog as a hangover cure?!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_of_the_dog
    I don't know about 'hair of the dog' but sounds like you should be drinking some more water to rehydrate yourself.

Hope you feel better soon
    Best wishes
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Sue J View Post
    I don't know about 'hair of the dog' but sounds like you should be drinking some more water to rehydrate yourself.

Hope you feel better soon
    Best wishes
    Sue
    Good advice. I think it's the dehydration that is the cause of the problem.

Hope you'll soon be feeling better.
    All the best.
    Life is what happens to you. While you're busy making other plans - John Lennon

England. Living near to Dad but not with him. Dad has Vas D.
    To get drunk or not to get drunk...

Option 1. Keep caring, caring, caring without letting your hair down/taking time out, end up not coping and not able to help loved one.

Option 2. Take time out, let hair down, switchoff, be temporarily unavailable but keep coping and helping loved one for longer.

Some people are good at simply taking time out and letting their hair down. Others find that difficult and a bit of alcohol can help.

[QUOTE=winda;568856]Good advice. I think it's the dehydration that is the cause of the problem.

All the best.[/QUOT

Feel much much better! been drinking lots of water and the gallons of diet irn bru i drunk also earlier couldnt have hurt!.

[QUOTE=worriedson1;568877]
    Quote Originally Posted by winda View Post
    Good advice. I think it's the dehydration that is the cause of the problem.

All the best.[/QUOT

Feel much much better! been drinking lots of water and the gallons of diet irn bru i drunk also earlier couldnt have hurt!.
    Good, pleased to hear it.

Take care.
    Life is what happens to you. While you're busy making other plans - John Lennon