Smile Is it me, or is it him?

You just have to laugh sometimes! I work two mornings each week, and this morning, I had forgotten to tell Hugh, the man that stays with William ("to help with the garden") something. So I phoned when I got to work - and William eventually answered the phone, sounding very nervous. Him: "Er, uh he-helloo? who is it?" Me: "Hi love, it's Alice. I need to talk to Hugh. Can you call him?" Him: "Alice is not here now, sorry." Me: "No, William, This is me!" William: "What? Is that you? Well, where are you?" Me: "I'm at work. I need to talk to Hugh. Can you call him?" Him: "You need to talk to you?" Me: "HUGH! Him: "Oh Hugh - where is he? Is he outside? I'll go look!" - and eventually went and got him!
    I wish the guy's name was Tom! Mind you, William doesn't know his name anyway - he never has. He usually calls him whatever comes into his head!

England. Living near to Dad but not with him. Dad has Vas D.
    Next time could you ask to speak to "the gardener"? "The handyman"? "The man who helps out"?

I shan't be in the least offended if you think this idea wouldn't work!

I don't think he'd understand that either to be honest - he doesn't usually answer the phone at all, unless I'm not around to get it. He only talks on the phone to his children if I phone them and then put him on - so he's well prepared by knowing exactly who it is he's talking to, and has things prepared to say. It was being unprepared that got him so flustered. He's not used to talking to me on the phone, because other than when I'm at work, he's with me, so I think that threw him completely!

I just wanted to say that I think its great to have someone to help with the garden

x

Yes - I have to hire him privately. It was the only way William would accept having someone here with him while I'm out at work! He wouldn't accept a Care worker. So it works out very expensive - counting my travelling time to and from work, it costs more than I am earning, but it's the only time I get away from William, so is worth it. (and I know you all realise I don't mean that the way it sounds!)

Blog Entries

or is it him or is it him?

this reminds me of this story: I had come away to have a break leaving husband (VaD and possible AD) and son (all brain cells blasting and 22 years old) home alone. This suits all of us as husband is rushing off to work for 12 hours a day and son is building a precarious career with a portfolio of plans and occupations and loves having the house to himself.
    Supper was due and there - and hungry - were husband, son and son's girlfriend. Son tells me husband told him that he had supper all but ready. Son went into kitchen to find frozen lamb recently removed from freezer. Husband said there was supper. It was fine. Son said he would go and get Chinese take away.
    Lunch next day there was lots left over and son called to up date me and say he was reheating the Chinese for his lunch and then was off to work.
    Early evening I called my husband to congratulate him on the rugby results (he always feels he has won). Husband was full of excitement - and glee - reporting that son had wanted to have Chinese leftovers for lunch ... but had ignored husband's instructions and put food in its plastic boxes in the hot oven ... and melted the boxes and lost the food .....
    I am looking forward to enquiring after this turn around of the status quo...

Quote Originally Posted by Butter View Post
    this reminds me of this story: I had come away to have a break leaving husband (VaD and possible AD) and son (all brain cells blasting and 22 years old) home alone. This suits all of us as husband is rushing off to work for 12 hours a day and son is building a precarious career with a portfolio of plans and occupations and loves having the house to himself.
    Supper was due and there - and hungry - were husband, son and son's girlfriend. Son tells me husband told him that he had supper all but ready. Son went into kitchen to find frozen lamb recently removed from freezer. Husband said there was supper. It was fine. Son said he would go and get Chinese take away.
    Lunch next day there was lots left over and son called to up date me and say he was reheating the Chinese for his lunch and then was off to work.
    Early evening I called my husband to congratulate him on the rugby results (he always feels he has won). Husband was full of excitement - and glee - reporting that son had wanted to have Chinese leftovers for lunch ... but had ignored husband's instructions and put food in its plastic boxes in the hot oven ... and melted the boxes and lost the food .....
    I am looking forward to enquiring after this turn around of the status quo...
    Heh heh! I bet you'll be appreciated a bit more now!