+ Post a comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gary's ashes

Dear Elaine.

I hope you feel a bit better today.

What`s done is done and you can only be responsible for your own behaviour. If those around you don`t know how to behave it`s their loss.

Love xx

Sylvia

Former Carer and Volunteer Moderator .

I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet

About me

Dear Elaine the others have put comments more eloquently than I can but I want you to know I am thinking of you and wishing you peace from this situation.

Love
    Linda x

Blog Entries
    Dear Elaine
    I've just seen your thread and am appalled that after all you and Gary went through, you are still not getting the support you should be, especially at such a poignant time I recall us saying when Gary was ill "Thank heavens for Paul" and it looks like that is still the case.

As you say, possessions - what are they, just things - you have the important issues in your head and your heart. I hope the contact with Gary's family can be maintained by them as well as you, it will be their loss if it isn't.

Sending sympathy, understanding and a massive hug - love XXX

Blog Entries
    Thank you everyone x

I've kept myself massively busy today - as usual - it stops me thinking about things but since the interment yesterday I feel different. I thought it would help me to do this one last thing for him but in fact I feel worse, it's like the final act, apart from having the memorial stone set and it all seems so real now. I went to his grave this afternoon, finally I have somewhere to go and took some flowers but it was so sad, I didn't want to leave him there which is stupid, he's not there at all really.

bless you Elaine

i can fully understand why you feel the way you do and it is early days

Love and stuff Sarah
    The person who can laugh at themselves will never cease to be amused

Blog Entries
    It is sad, so sad. I think of you often Elaine, wish I could help. Gary is not there, his spirit is free now and he will always be with you. xxx

It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

hello Elaine sorry to hear of your trouble your not a wicked stepmother my friend has gone through the same thing with her stepson i say get on with your life Elaine let them sulk all my best wishes Milly

Dear Elaine,
    I too am a second wife and at the moment my stepsons are lovely but their mother is and has always been difficult, for them too at times and without a doubt when he dies there will be trouble although we have done our best to avoid it . The important thing to focus on is how much you loved Gary. I suspect for you , as for me with my husband, he was the love of your life, and how much of a hole in your life does someone like that leave? I know I would give every last penny to see my husband free of this terrible illness as would all the spouses who post here.
    You were there for him and loved him when it mattered. Hold on to that.
    With all good wishes Tre

Hi Elaine sorry you are having problems with family
    It is nice having somewhere to go and put flowers I know they are free spirits now but to me it's our special place it would have been mums 87th birthday on Monday and I will go and wish her happy birthday then I will proberly tell her off for leaving me I always do
    Look after yourself love Laraine
    Life has taught me that respect,caring and love must be shared for its only through sharing that friendships are born

will be especially thinking of you on Monday Larivy
    The person who can laugh at themselves will never cease to be amused

Blog Entries
    I'll be thinking of you and your mum on her birthday too Laraine, another first to get through xxxxe