+ Post a comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lozzy

Hi Lozzy, anyone would be scared in your situation but try not to spoil today by worrying about tomorrow, easy to say I know. My mum has had alzheimers over 10 years and though she remembers nothing she is still happy and positive and in denial.
    People here will not judge you if you make any mistakes so don't worry about doing things right or wrong, (it really annoys me when people remind my mum of her failings, but they are just ignorant). Just come along and tell us how your day is.

Lost

Sorry but I'm confused by all this so much to say and ask losing the plot sorry try again on good day

Lozzy I am so sorry this is so difficult. Just post when you can, read when you can. Don't feel any pressure to post, though if you do, there will be people who will respond to you. Perhaps posting one question might work? Or do you have anyone who can act as a secretary and post for you?

Best wishes
    Jennifer

Volunteer moderator and former long distance carer.

A test of a people is how it behaves toward the old. It is easy to love children. Even tyrants and dictators make a point of being fond of children. But the affection and care for the old, the incurable, the helpless are the true gold mines of a culture.

Abraham J. Heschel

Lozzy I am going to put all your posts together so hopefully you can find them.

Sylvia

Former Carer and Volunteer Moderator .

I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet

About me

Hello Lozzy, just wanted to say welcome to Talking Point

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Christin View Post
    Hello Lozzy, just wanted to say welcome to Talking Point
    Can I ask has anyone been talked over as though you were not there because I have from friends whom I told my dignosis I find it patronising and now tell no one what is wrong with me

I think unfortunately it does happen. It's the "does he take sugar" syndrome: you may have been diagnosed with a disease but it doesn't mean you have become deaf, or stupid.

I think a lot of it is down to people just not knowing how to handle the information you have given them, rather than the fact that they don't care, but I do understand it's upsetting. Do you feel able to make a joke of it as in "hey I'm not deaf you know" or similar? I realize you shouldn't have to but sometimes you just need to call people out on these things. If it's hard to do this, perhaps you could right down what you want to say (e.g. I have dementia - I'm not stupid so talk to me directly) and print it on a card and then hand it out.

I do think that most people do this because they are clueless rather than uncaring, but it's not easy. I suppose in many way people who are now being diagnosed earlier and earlier are trail blaizers - in the past people were diagnosed later so these situations didn't necessarily arise.

So glad you came back to post.
    Jennifer

Volunteer moderator and former long distance carer.

A test of a people is how it behaves toward the old. It is easy to love children. Even tyrants and dictators make a point of being fond of children. But the affection and care for the old, the incurable, the helpless are the true gold mines of a culture.

Abraham J. Heschel

Hello Lozzy, I agree with Jennfier. If you feel confident to speak up then do so. Just a smile and 'Hello, I can hear you, you know.' It may be enough

Good luck. Good to see you posting. x

Hello Lozzy,

People used to talk over my husband. It might be better if you told them that you don't like it.

Love
    Helen
    Wife and Carer

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Helen33 View Post
    Hello Lozzy,

People used to talk over my husband. It might be better if you told them that you don't like it.

Love
    Ive said I'm here not gone yet.....but in there ignorance they carry on

Me

Quote Originally Posted by Lozzy211 View Post
    Ive said I'm here not gone yet.....but in there ignorance they carry on
    I now say I'm alive u know thanks for post love lozzy xx

Hi

Hi Lozzy

Just saying hello to you too. Hope you are OK, I know what it feels like when folk don't seem to know how to talk to you anymore - I want to say 'I'm still me'

best wishes
    love
    Sue

Good morning Lozzy.

I hope you feel good this morning. x

Sylvia

Former Carer and Volunteer Moderator .

I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet

About me

Hi Lozzy

You must be feeling quite overwhelmed. Hope you're able to get some useful information from the Alzheimer's Society about what's available in your area. I'm here because my Mum has Alzheimer's. I've only recently discovered TP, but it's a great place to come and I so wish I'd known about it before.

Incidentally I have lupus too. If you're on Facebook there are lots of us lupies there supporting each other, sharing info and tips. This is just one of the groups:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/lupusUK/

Mel xx