+ Post a comment

Simple Instructions Please

Hi All.

I have worked out how to change my profile pictures. Just need how to put some pictures on to join the pic's thread. Thanks
    Love Sonia xxxxx

Blog Entries
    This is what I do - it works for me but there is probably a "better way"

On my computer i have a folder where i keep pictures
    When replying to posts, scroll down to manage attachments
    click on the button
    another window pops ups up
    there is a button that says add files
    click
    Browse files button - click
    look for your the picture file on your computer
    choose your picture
    click on picture (it will appear in the grey box and a small one on bottom panel)
    Bottom of box - right side- insert on line ( will have a number beside it) - click
    Then Click done

Your picture should be in your post as [attatchment 1234]

Before uploading picture make sure picture not too big (pixies or something ) to reduce pixies reduce the size of your picture on your computer I use the paint programme to do this.

Any problems with my clear as mud instructions, PM me and I will take you through it when I am on my computer - not worked out how to do it when on my phone
    To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone - Reba McEntire
    If only it was that easy - 2jays

Hi Sonia,

Go into 'reply to post'. Scroll down to manage attachments and click.
    Click on 'Add files'. Then click 'select files'. I think it is straighforward from there but if not please get back to me.

Love
    Helen
    Wife and Carer

Volunteer Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Hello Sonia,

If you save your picture in your own Pictures file on your Computer and make sure its a size of around 10 x 15 cm. (You have to reduce this if necessary within your own Paint or other system).

Some members go to Manage Attachments below the message box but I just to to the paper clip above the message. Click the paper clip and you will find
    a message box - click browse, go to your pictures file and press on your particular photo then upload. Hey presto it should be there in your message but you can always check on preview.

Hope that helps.
    Attached Images  
    Jan
    Former Carer and Volunteer Moderator

'Hope is a lover's staff, walk hence with that and manage it against despairing thoughts' (Shakespeare)

About me

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckyJan View Post
    Hello Sonia,

If you save your picture in your own Pictures file on your Computer and make sure its a size of around 10 x 15 cm. (You have to reduce this if necessary within your own Paint or other system).

Some members go to Manage Attachments below the message box but I just to to the paper clip above the message. Click the paper clip and you will find
    a message box - click browse, go to your pictures file and press on your particular photo then upload. Hey presto it should be there in your message but you can always check on preview.

Hope that helps.
    There!!!! See!!!! I knew there must be an easier way - to do it AND to explain it!!
    To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone - Reba McEntire
    If only it was that easy - 2jays

Volunteer Moderator
    Blog Entries
    You may find this oldish Thread useful - Craig outlines it in an early post, but also take have a look at Post 33 by Sandy!
    http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/showt...ics!!!!!/page2
    Jan

'Hope is a lover's staff, walk hence with that and manage it against despairing thoughts' (Shakespeare)

About me

Thanks All,

Hi All,
    Many thanks for all your help I have done it. Have put some on the tearoom pics.
    Love Sonia xxxx

Volunteer Moderator
    Blog Entries
    That's great Sonia - you have done it so quickly. Tell me did you use the paperclip or 'manage attachments'. If it is the latter I must try it that way too.

You have set me off and I now have this urge to take some pictures.
    Jan

About me