+ Post a comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Chris - do you know how to take screen shots?
    Jennifer

Volunteer moderator and former long distance carer.

A test of a people is how it behaves toward the old. It is easy to love children. Even tyrants and dictators make a point of being fond of children. But the affection and care for the old, the incurable, the helpless are the true gold mines of a culture.

Abraham J. Heschel

Blog Entries
    Name:  bday.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  6.1 KBNo, jennifer, unfortunately, let me just try an attachment to come after these words
    no luck

It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

What browser are you using?

There have been recent Java updates,is your Java up to date and working
    http://www.java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp

Insert inline uses JavaAttachment 29509

Blog Entries
    Name:  hugs angel.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  6.1 KBjava, don't know use internet explorer. have downloaded from your link. now will try post attachment
    shd be here nope!

It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

Did the Java test say yours was OK and up to date?

To take screen images try the free version of

http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/

If you point the storage location to your favourite image editor it's virtually as good as the pro paid for version.

EDIT

Free version download link

http://www.gadwin.com/download/ps_setup.exe

Instruction for download and setup

1.Click on the link "Download Now" above.

2.In the dialog box that appears, choose "Save this program to disk" and click the OK button.

3.In the Save As dialog box, select a folder on your hard disk. The file will be copied into this folder. Any folder or hard drive is OK. The name of the folder is shown to the right of the words "Save in:." Write down where you are saving the file so you can find it later.

4.After downloading, run Windows Explorer. Find the file and double-click it to run it
    5.Follow the instructions in setup.
    Last edited by nitram; 12-03-2012 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Added link and setup info

Blog Entries
    Name:  DSCF2100 (1024x853).jpg
Views: 57
Size:  165.6 KB it just said java download complete. trying a attachment again
    shd be HERE, Nope

Hi Chris

Perhaps try the following: click edit on your post and cut and paste the [attach.]56565[/attach,..] bit so is pasted after the text (at the end of the post). Then click save.

Hope that works
    Last edited by SerenaS; 12-03-2012 at 11:41 AM. Reason: cut, not copy
    Serena

Online Community Coordinator

Try:-

Close all browser windows
    Start|Run
    Enter iexplore.exe -extoff
    OK

IE will start with no extensions, you may not have some things you have added

Now go to TP and try adding an image.

Any difference?

When you close IE and restart extensions will be enabled.

If running with extoff improves things it's a 'divide and conquer' exercise to find offending extension.

Blog Entries
    Ok done that thanks Nitram, now adding a pic

HERE

ok so not in the right place

(edited by Serena to move the attachment to a different place in the post)
    Name:  confused question mark.png
Views: 41
Size:  16.4 KB

Hi Chris

Are you trying to put the picture in a different place in your post? If so, you just need to follow the instructions I'd posted earlier this morning... Hope they help

Quote Originally Posted by SerenaS View Post
    Hi Chris

Perhaps try the following: click edit on your post and cut and paste the [attach.]56565[/attach,..] bit so is pasted after the text (at the end of the post). Then click save.

Hope that works
    Serena

Online Community Coordinator

Blog Entries
    Thanks Serena, missed your first post! Cut and paste, yes thats one way isn't it.
    Generally I put attachments at the end of a post (where usually the system places it)

I have just replied to a post where I attached something. Because I knew which one I wanted to use i inserted it first then typed above it so it ended up in the right place.

Bit of a nuisance but I can cope

Thanks Serena, jennifer and Nitram for your help and suggestions. If ever it works as it should I'll let you know!