Thank you Social Services OT

The knife, fork and spoon you are providing will make an enormous difference. Shame about the riser chair, bed, bathroom adaptations, stair lift etc. but I'm sure we don't really need them. The idea that Mom sell her house and move into rented sheltered accommodation and use the money to pay the rent, (effectively making me homeless when she passes on) causing her massive disruption, distress and confusion is a simply spiffing idea too.

Why do you even bother to go to work? I'm sure you could put a big sign saying "^%@? off" on your chair and stay at home. No-one would notice.

I think you must have met the same person I have had to deal with.

I hope you manage to find someone in SS who actually understands. There must be someone employed by them with a brain....

Lemony xx

When life gives you lemons make lemonade.

Quote Originally Posted by Onlyme View Post
    I hope you manage to find someone in SS who actually understands. There must be someone employed by them with a brain....
    Sadly I retired from Social Services in 2004

Quote Originally Posted by simonphillips View Post
    Sadly I retired from Social Services in 2004
    Thats it then, the ONE with a brain has left !
    Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value" Albert Einstein

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hollycat View Post
    Thats it then, the ONE with a brain has left !
    That made me giggle, except I thought you were talking about my mums care manager (sw)AND OT oh and I mustnt forget the OT's manager who never having seen mum believed mum should be able to use a normal stand aid

Simonphillips, I dont know if this is of any help or maybe you have already tried this, I got most of mums equipment via the district nurses, we didnt have one visit regularly just if I saw a pink spot starting or mum went into retention,so they weren't coming out on a regular basis to us, so maybe take a deep breath and speak to mums gp again and explain
    Last edited by lin1; 28-02-2012 at 12:07 AM.
    Lin

Daughter and former carer

If only I could have Hindsight beforehand, oh what a difference it would make .

Odd words,mis-spelling and punctuation are most likely due to my clever phone, it seems to have its own ideas about what I am trying to say, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lin1 View Post
    so maybe take a deep breath and speak to mums gp again and explain
    use little simple words, big ones frighten them if they are not using them on you....

why am I telling you this, you already know - thats why you left!
    To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone - Reba McEntire
    If only it was that easy - 2jays