+ Post a comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Hello Judy, I am so sorry to read that your husband has passed away.

It is a tremendously brave thing for him to have made the donation and I agree it is a wonderful memorial for him, I hope it brings you some comfort.

I hope some one is supporting you too, TP is here whenever you need it. xx

Blog Entries

My thoughts...................

............are with you and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by judy2611 View Post
    My hubby passed away on Sunday morning after a brave fight against Alzheimers and Vascular Dementia. He had suffered for 5 years with it. He was 61 years old. I feel very numb but supporting my sons and other relations.

I am now in the nightmare of registering his death and arrangements for his funeral. He has donated his brain to Dementia research, which is a lovely memorial for him, he did this via a living will which he completed as soon as he knew he had Dementia.

I feel numb.

Blog Entries
    Dear Judy

I'm sorry to hear of the sad loss of your husband. Sending sincere condolences and wishing you strength in the difficult days ahead.

Coletta xx
    The Lord does not look so much at the greatness of our action, nor even at their difficulty, but at the love with which we do them. St. Therese.

Volunteer Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Sending my sincere condolences. x
    Izzy
    Carer and Volunteer Moderator

ABOUT ME.

'The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life.'
    Robert Louis Stevenson

I'm so sorry my thoughts are with you
    Sarah
    The person who can laugh at themselves will never cease to be amused

My thoughts are with you.
    Take Care Dibs (Deborah) x

My condolences to you and your family. That donation truly was a wonderful thing and speaks volumes about the good and caring man your husband was.
    Joanne
    Carer and Volunteer Moderator
    When you've seen one person with Alzheimer's, you've seen one person with Alzheimer's

you are in our thoughts

x x x
    Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value" Albert Einstein

Blog Entries
    I'm sorry to read of the loss of your husband.

Sending you my deepest sympathy.

Blog Entries
    Dear Judy, sincere sympathy on the loss of your dear husband.
    What a wonderfully thoughtful and brave contribution to make to dementia research, thank you both.

Wishing you and all your family comfort and strength in the times ahead as you adjust to life.
    Lots of love, Necion. xx
    Life is short, even at it's longest.
    Can't remember where I heard that, but very true.

Judy , I am deeply sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you all at this difficult time.

Your husband must have been a remarkable man to leave this legacy and lets hope that this type of research helps others in the future.

Kind regards , Angela.
    `As we let our own light shine we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same`

NELSON MANDELA

Thank you to everybody for your replys and good wishes. Still feels very numb as we had to register my hubby today at registry office. Just dreading the next few days really.

Dear Judy

Deeply saddened to read about the death of your husband, and so young. What a wonderful thing for him to do, a remarkable man and you must feel very proud of him.

Such a difficult and emotional time for you, wishing you the strength to get through what lies ahead. Please do write on TP at anytime, it can help, and there are others here who have lost loved ones and can empathise, as well as those still on this journey who will be there for you.

My sincere sympathy.

Loo xx

My deepest sympathies to you at this difficult time. I lost my mum on Tuesday - she was 82 and had a happy life until nearly the end. It just seems so cruel that your husband has been taken at such a young age but what a positive gift he has given.

Feeling the numbness too but beginning to get flashes of what lies ahead. I think it's just helping you get through next few days and weeks. I'm glad that you and your family are taking comfort from one another.

Annie x

You poor soul,how cruel to be robbed of so many years with your dear husband.

I know that numb feeling,and it's just as well that we're protected by it in the first few dreadful days.

Sending you my deepest symathy and wishing you strength and comfprt in the time ahead.