Blog Entries

Carer breakdown...

Last night after a stressful few days it so nearly went drastically wrong.

It is a year tomorrow that I lost my lovely Dad, a year today that he collapsed and was dragged back by my OH and paramedics for the best reason... the chance for us to say goodbye. To many reminders yesterday and I had a couple of glasses of wine.

Last night fell down the stairs head first into a wall, Mum freaked and tried to pick a fight with my daughter, fell over her own feet and hit her head on the floor eek:told paramedics that daughter picked her up and threw her to the ground Mum taken away by ambulance... me left at home. Woke up in agony, sore neck and shoulder. Sure the paramedics took her away to give us a night off. CDU doctor asked if we had any support, so didn't take anyone very long to realise the position we are in, except Mum's doctors who think that I have the problem.

No point in telling Mum about tomorrow, just causes her repeated distess or am I wrong??
    Last edited by Redwitch; 29-01-2012 at 09:33 PM.
    Trying my hardest to be a good daughter...[SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    you sound as if you really are in the pits of it at the moment.

No, there is no point in telling your mum.

Take care of yourself, I hope you get better help soon.

love PIppa x

Volunteer Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Hello Redwitch:
    My thoughts are not to tell your Mum about tomorrow. Her distress will only cause you more problems so there seems little point.

I hope your sore head is feeling better this evening. Has your Mum returned home yet or have you an evening off? Maybe now the GP will start to understand that is if sufficient notes are sent to him from the CDU doctor.
    Jan
    Former Carer and Volunteer Moderator

'Hope is a lover's staff, walk hence with that and manage it against despairing thoughts' (Shakespeare)

About me

Don't remind her because my goodness you've had more than enough to deal with and could do with choosing the easiest possible path for the bit to come. You'll have your own emotions to deal with and deserve a little bit of space for doing that. Just my opinion of course.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckyJan View Post
    Has your Mum returned home yet or have you an evening off? Maybe now the GP will start to understand that is if sufficient notes are sent to him from the CDU doctor.
    We collected Mum at lunchtime . Our GP is wonderful, sadly Mum's CPN and specialsit doctor are not so impressive. Will report incident to CPN tomorrow so it gets logged, but don't hold out much hope. They seem to think it is my daughter and that need the help and in a way we do .

Jan
    x

Blog Entries
    Thinking of you today Jan, I hope it isn't too difficult for you and that all is well with your mum and daughter, probably a vain hope but still...
    Love Pippa

Blog Entries

Tribute to Dad

Well, on Monday we had a day of what Dad would like,family all together, lemon and sugar pancakes for breakfast. OH and I sneaked out for lunch and a drink, I had a tattoo done to remind me of him (not that I could ever forget, steak and chips for tea, a bottle of bubbly and home-made Victoria Sandwich and made a bread pudding for Hubby

I have to put a line under the past year and move on now, it is what he would want, after all I am to be "mother of the bride" in the summer so onwards and upwards.

Spoke to Mum's CPN on Tuesday explained what had happened on Saturday night, she has agreed that SS now need to be involved and I need a Carer's assessment. Let's just see how long that takes to happen.

Thank you

Jan
    x