+ Post a comment
    Blog Entries

please help tired all the time

i seem to feel so tired all the time some days thats all i do some times i cant sleep but feel so tired i have a head acke it wont go i cant stand alot of people talking to me all at the same time that makes me feel like im gona shout and say oh shut up i am 43yrs old with early on set and was diagnosed 2yrs ago does any body else suffer with these things sallyrogers

Hello Sally

I think many people with dementia are tired all the time. I think part of it is the illness and part of it is having to concentrate so hard to get things right.

I would love to be able to say something to help but can only suggest you get little pockets of rest, fresh air and exercise through the day and eat the best diet you can .

I hope others might have better suggestions. xx

Sylvia

Former Carer and Volunteer Moderator .

I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet

About me

Hi Sally

Yes, I get extremely tired, physically exhausted and need to just rest. It is really frustrating. I try and pace myself best I can and listen to my body when I am too tired to do anything, usually I then pick up a bit and then take the opportunity to get fresh air and exercise and enjoy nature.

I suffer like you with severe headaches and I believe that is what causes the 'tiredness' I have to rest but sometimes it is not until the headache has passed that I feel I can then 'sleep and rest' and benefit from it. I have not found a solution to it other than listen to my body.

No you're not alone but sorry I can't offer any better solutions.

Best wishes
    love
    Sue

One small tip for those suffering bad headaches. Please make sure you drink plenty of fluids.

Sylvia

Former Carer and Volunteer Moderator .

I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet

About me

Quote Originally Posted by Grannie G View Post
    One small tip for those suffering bad headaches. Please make sure you drink plenty of fluids.
    Thanks for the reminder Sylvia, yes it is vital. I find when I'm in the middle of a migraine (I don't really like to say headache, although I have, because it really is something totally different) it really seems to 'take over' and I can't think straight at all as to how to help it. But I try and be more conscious of drinking water at all other times because it helps not only with headaches and migraine but with regard to urine infections and helping to keep them at bay or getting rid of them.

It is really good though to have someone on here remind of these things, because on your own you do forget and need the nudge and if you're not on your own it nudges you to help advise your helpers how they can help you.

headaches

Hi Sally

I too have early onset although only very recently diagnosed. For the past while like you i also have been having bad headaches. What i have found tho is that instead of just tsaking normal painkillers ie paracetamol or paracetamol extra strength, which were of no effect, i now have started taking ibuprofen. i think the anti inflammatory must help as this works a treat. just regular brufen from the supermarket seem to work for me.

Hope this helps a bit.

Where in the country are you? dont need to give me specifics. just interested in how you managed to get your diagnosis and how long it took etc as am trying to raise awareness in early onset and in talks with MP to try resolve this.

Sending hugs and hoping your headaches ease.

Linda xx
    Blessings are like glitter; they fall gently around us. You don't always see them until you look from a different perspective.

I often feel like that sally (it is Sally isnt it?)
    I have Vad
    Dr said its cos my brain has to work extra hard
    I try and pace myself i have got a tricycle so I can have a short ride in the fresh air
    cant ride a bike or walk far without a stick as my balance is impaired
    what Grannie G said is right and good advice

the other thing that I do that has made a difference is drinking
    1 tablespoon of cod liver oil every day
    Yuk yuk yuk I hate it but it has helped!
    Consultant said liquid is better than capsules
    Lots of support Sarah
    The person who can laugh at themselves will never cease to be amused

Gosh Sally, are you feeling any better?

Thanks for sharing your experience, it's really helped me to think through a conversation I've been having with my mum.

She has been saying how tired she is all the time and also gets really splitting headaches that paracetamol just isn't touching.

Has anyone had any feedback from docs about whether the headaches are related to dementia - I just need to get a grip of what we are facing and I'm a bit overwhelmed by it all to be honest.

Thanks

Tiddly

i get very tired too as i have early onset dementia i am 43 and nose effects me too i hate loud noses and get very irretable i have days when i dont want to talk or go out as just getting dressed is too much but then when its bedtime have terrible trouble sleeping and my brain just doesnt switch off i have tried the self relaxing cds but find i cant concentrate long enough for them to have the effect
    i try and get out at least once every day and find it does help

its the same for mee too

Dear Sally I am 50 and have fld and life is the same for me with some addittions to a point that i am always anoyed at myself for being me but make the best of what you have while you have is what im told . to be truthful I do not know from one day to the next how things will be .

best wishes Paul

Blog Entries
    My wife, ever since she had depression in 2007 then into Dementia 2009 sleep has always been the problem we sleep in different rooms so it,s had to tell when she goes to sleep. I woke her up at 11.20am Sue wanted to sleep more so it's now 2.10 and she's still fast asleep. yesterday i could see by her eye's she was tired but she would not give in.Sue has never complained about head aches so i just don't know.All i Know is her Doctor told me just to let her sleep. I hope you can find an answer to manage your sleep. chubby hubby

Hi all, I too have only just been diagnosed with early onset at the age of 53..... Until last summer I was working full time as a community nurseling sister,as you can imagine a very busy stressful job( but I loved it) .....I have been off sick since July, & now can't begin to imagine how I managed only so few months ago......I do get very tired, but have promised as much as I am able I will keep up a regular routine....I try to get up by about 7 each morning( not so easy if I've had a bad night!) , I walk our dogs twice a day , and thank the lord we have them, cos they certainly keep me focused.....but I do find by about lunch time I am getting tired...so yes I tuck down on the sofa most day and have a sleep....sometimes an hour, sometimes 2, I just go with the flow....I find if I dont have a rest , I am more likely to get forgetful, muddled etc...my partner continually says its because ive got used to sleep that I need it....but I know it's not.yes I find it so very frustrating when I have so many things I want to do and enjoy.....I also get headache, over my left eye, usually when I'm very tired....I'm sure they are linked...& yes agree that I'm sure it's having to concentrate so hard that leads to the tiredness ......
    Have recently started taking complex vitamin b, gincobiloba , and extra strength cod liver oil, apple cider vinegar and coconut oil.....all available from health shop & I do think they may be beginning to help
    Xxx