+ Post a comment
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Someone look at this for me please

Found this on the internet today via a piece of research on the Times On Line web page.

http://www.foodforthebrain.org/conte...d_Content=1820

I took the online test myself,I scored 37/110.

It was a bit worrying to be told I could be at serious risk of developing Alzheimers.

Would any one else do this test and let me know how you get on.

It has worried me to bits.It will teach me to stop researching so much.

Comments greatly appreciated.
    `As we let our own light shine we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same`

NELSON MANDELA

What kind of computer did you do it on, or possible what kind of mouse? It does seem highly dependent on ability to move your mouse ASAP, so people who spend more time on a computer are likely to do better. Being willing to guess and quite possibly being a visual, rather than an oral learner probably helps as well.
    Jennifer

Volunteer moderator and former long distance carer.

A test of a people is how it behaves toward the old. It is easy to love children. Even tyrants and dictators make a point of being fond of children. But the affection and care for the old, the incurable, the helpless are the true gold mines of a culture.

Abraham J. Heschel

Oh Jennifer,thanks for looking at it.
    I did it with a mouseless computer.
    As you know I am not that quick on a computer,hopefully that explains my score

The other thing is that I have always only looked and stored thing that I think are useful,ie I scan a book and don`t read every word.I have never been able to remember peoples faces.

I am going to attribute my score to all of that plus a bit of stress.

However,I am going to seriously take a look at my lifestyle because it is pretty unhealthy at the moment!!!!

I am also going to stay away from this type of research for a while.
    `As we let our own light shine we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same`

NELSON MANDELA

Volunteer Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Foolishly I started this when mum was in the loo!!! Only got half way through when I had to abandon it. I was using a netbook and I know for sure I was extremely slow in my responses because I wasn't using a mouse.
    Izzy
    Carer and Volunteer Moderator

ABOUT ME.

'The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life.'
    Robert Louis Stevenson

I scored 59 and have Vad but then i do a lot of brain training on my nintendo
    The person who can laugh at themselves will never cease to be amused

I've just done it on my laptop too, it's very slow, I only got about half way through some of the lists. I recommend anyone else who tries it to do it on a PC with a mouse.

I did OK though, my chances of developing AD are very remote! Now, do I feel reassured? I don't think so!

Hazel
    Carer

Don't grieve for what you have lost, rejoice for what you have had.

I just took it but I pretended to be born in 1955 rather than 1972. I scored 73 so classed as low risk.

I find I cannot remember what words to use "put the thingy on the thingy - no not that way, up a bit, the other side" and I can't remember how to spell words straight away (I was always a great speller). I think it's just stress/depression in my case so maybe all the things you are trying to achieve at the moment are affecting your brain too? Was there a particular section you struggled with?

what i meant is i am used to the format of the questions and Danny I guess you prob dont exercise your brain in that type of pattern
    The person who can laugh at themselves will never cease to be amused

Hi, i just did it and most of my questions were correct and yet i was told i was at significant risk. Im 48 and have no known illness except i am on a VERY HIGH dose of amitryptelene (200mg) daily for 11 years. What does this make me? I would consider myself to have above average intelligence, have good general knowledge, quick wit and good memory Im not convinced its indicative of risk at all.

Soobee, I didn`t think I struggled with any of it

NELSON MANDELA

Blog Entries
    I read aboout this in the paper today and decided to be a coward and avoid it for the time being! One of us with Dementia is all I can cope with at the moment! I also thought that with all the stress of the present time, I'm bound to do badly!

Hi Sarah,you are doing everything right by keeping your brain in trim.

I need to do more of this

NELSON MANDELA

Blog Entries
    I just took the test, and it struck me that it was very - and I mean very - mouse-intensive. I know I'm much slower using just the touch pad on the laptop, and I can quite easily imagine my score being half of what it was if I did the test with the pad instead of the mouse.
    Last edited by ChristineR62; 15-05-2011 at 08:54 AM.

I scored 26 .

I'm in big trouble. I'm quaking in my boots.

My excuses?

I did it on my iPad and had to keep enlarging it.

The year after next, I'll be too old to do it.

Sylvia

Former Carer and Volunteer Moderator .

I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet

About me

Blog Entries
    Don't panic - as they say!

http://www.womanandhome.com/forums/s...8/Main/725925/

Angela, I looked and started and then said ........ stuff it!

Rubbish!