Blog Entries

LOts of hugs wanted

I have had the SW on the phone who has been talking to the people that run the day centre to say the Len is very bad he will not even sit down and is moving all the tables and chairs around.She has been in touch with the consultant and he wants him respite care tomorrow.It has come so quick and I cannot get my head round it.I am going to tell him he is going into hospital for a few days to see if they can sort his tablets out.I can only cry at the moment.Hope they can sort it out Shelah.

I`m so sorry Shelah.
    I was considering respite for Dhiren a few months ago and it was an awful situation to be in.
    I do hope it will help and somehow you`ll be able to come to terms with it.
    Love xx

Sylvia

Former Carer and Volunteer Moderator .

I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet

About me

Dear Shelah

I'm sending you a big hug to be going on with.

It's very upsetting when our loved ones have to go into hospital, especially when they have dementia and you know they are going to be disorientated.

You're right to tell Len it will only be a few days, and I hope it won't be long before they have him stabilised again.

Love,

Hazel
    Carer

Don't grieve for what you have lost, rejoice for what you have had.

Sorry to read your news. Your head must be all over the place.

Please try not to worry, and think of this as a positive step.
    Once they can sort out Len's medication I am sure he will soon be back home with you, and able to continue day care.

Sending you a special hug.
    Attached Images  
    Connie

Carer and Volunteer Moderator

"Today is as good as it gets" - Lionel, upon diagnosis 2002

Dear Seda

First of all sending you a big (HUG) and am so sorry that you are so upset. Sometimes things happen that come as such a shock.

It was hard for me to understand why the consultant would want Len placed in a respite situation as an emergency Shelah? Is that because the consultant feels you must need a break? Or is the consultant wanting to place Len somewhere so that medication can be reviewed?

Of course you don't need to feel you need to answer my queries.
    I always believed that respite was in order to give the carer a break and had not ever considered that it would be to give a day centre a break!!

Lots of love and another (HUG)
    Helen
    Wife and Carer

hope things improve sending a big hug
    Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Dear Shelah,

It's big shock for you and no wonder you are in tears. It will all be for the best; you will be able to get a good sleep apart from anything else which will hopefully help you feel better, but it's very upsetting for you nonetheless.

Sending you oodles of (((BIG HUGS)))

Vonny xxx
    Vonny
    Former Carer

TP: "A little light in great darkness" Ezra Pound

Blog Entries
    my thoughts are with you and sendin you a massive hug xxx
    love lyn/wifeand mum

Blog Entries

Respite Care

Thank you for all your messages,and hugs I feel a lot better now so hope I can keep strong for tomorrow,Our Daughter is working from home tomorrow so she can come with me.

Helen I think it is a combination of all things he is not sleeping and it is often 3 and 4 in the morning before I can get him to bed then he his on the go all day and will not even sit down.

The Dr stopped his Arecipt two weeks ago and since then things have gone down fast.I hope they can sort some medication out and we start all over again, Shelah

Thank you Shelah

That was kind of you to explain Shelah when you are in such turmoil - thank you

I, along with everyone else on Talking Point, will be wishing Len all the very best and have every hope that he can be helped to find some calm.

You come to TP for as many hugs as you need Shelah - there's never a short supply

Lots of love and wishing you all the very best as you cope with this.
    Helen
    Wife and Carer

Blog Entries

Unhappy in hospital

my husband is in hospital because he wont stop walking thay are keep him there 2 sort his medection out,i went 2 see him yesterday , he was very sleepy and crying it was so hard 2 see and very hard 2 leave him there, but he still keeps walking wont settle down , i cryed my self 2 sleep its knowing what 2 do,i am going 2 see him agan 2morro morning hopeing he might be more awake, next thursday we have a meeting 2 see where we go frome here ,not looking 4ward 2 that , i hope the pills work so i can have him home agan

Shelagh, I am so sorry, how worried you must feel, I hope they sort his medication out very quickly and things can get back to a bit like normal, love and hugs Pauline xxxx